Syncros seatposts

dunkvan, seatposts aren't painted but anodized. given the gen/design of your post, i would strip and anodize the post if possible. from your photo, looks like the post had been spray painted with the saddle in place! :shock:

The wet on the seat is WD40. The previous owner definitely spray painted the seatpost as the bolts and top part show two layers of colours.

Wasn't really sure if the seat was worth saving.. maybe....

Are they nuts I see at the end of the bolts, they shouldn't be there and probably means the top part is bent/stripped, which was easy to do. Also the lower cradle looks pinched off something else, maybe a Kalloy post :s
Looks like a flite saddle you have there. Save that if you can too.

Yes, there was one bolt on the top that I removed.

I am attempting to locate someone willing to part with a lower cradle specific (or looking close to) to that post. No luck yet.

Going to try and get the bolt off today. It's been soaking for 5 days, and I have a heat gun ready.

Will save the seat. It's not in the best shape, and the leather needs to be fastened in a few spots. Need to poke around some forums here to see how to best fix it up.

Re:

I had a fun time finding the right bolts online for the V2 (or V3 depending on who you ask) syncros seatpost I have. It was difficult to find due to being in Canada, and some of the major bolt distributors not shipping here.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00B3RIVF0/

This bolt seems to be the one though for Canadians in the same predicament as me. Sounds like it's coming from the UK though. The length and thread count seems to be on here to be a good replacement.

Specs:

M6 x 50 Socket Cap Screw- DIN 912, A2/70 Stainless Steel, Not Threaded Full Length, Threaded Approximately 25mm, Thread Diameter- 6mm, Thread Pitch- 1.0mm, Length- 50mm, Head Diameter- 10mm, Head Height- 6mm, Allen Key Size- 5mm, Screw Length Does Not Include Head

Now if only a syncros seatpost hoarder would give up a spare bottom clamp :LOL:

Attachments

• old_bolt.jpg
    old_bolt.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 357
  • seatpost.jpg
    seatpost.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 357
I know this original post is from years ago, but wonderfully interesting nonetheless. Thought I'd had a photo of a recent pickup. Decal is on the backside (below one of the nuts) and has a similar bevel (base where brushed meets anodized) as the second generation, but not the flat plate of the second generation. Maybe a late second generation or early third - however way you want to look at it.

Attachments

• syncrospost1.jpg
    syncrospost1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 23
  • syncrospost2.jpg
    syncrospost2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 23
  • syncrospost3.jpg
    syncrospost3.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Back