Syncros legs tange crown question

vincenth

Retro Guru
I have a pair of syncros powerlite legs that I want to bolt on a tange switchblade crown. However the tange crown is wider then the syncros. I know its possible to mod the fork legs by turning the dropouts from the outside to the inside.
Does anyone know how to do this?

Off course I could try and find a 1” syncros crown but I have a feeling that could take a long time.

In this thread an example is posted

I dont believe there is such a thing. Correct me if I am wrong but the only mtb qr standard is 110mm.
Tacing bikes use 100mm.
Also I want to use xtm730 hubs

Manitou used wider axles BITD. Would be an easy manufacture of an axle with cartridge hubs but a bit trickier with a cup & cone setup. I'm not sure how many extra mm you need but it's still possible to drill out a solid axle which is wider. It just seems a shame to pull the fork legs apart considering their rarity and value.

Not sure what the difference in leg centres are (?) but will the canti studs be in the correct width range if you mod the drop outs?

I dont believe there is such a thing. Correct me if I am wrong but the only mtb qr standard is 110mm.
Tacing bikes use 100mm.
Also I want to use xtm730 hubs

Standard MTB front spacing is 100mm :)

That is too bad, I wonder what happened to the original crown? I’ve seen syncros legs conbined with other crowns, not the switchblade though.

I believe I have a spare crown somewhere. We could decide to marry it with your legs. Question however is who will be the beneficiary :)

That is too bad, I wonder what happened to the original crown? I’ve seen syncros legs conbined with other crowns, not the switchblade though.

I believe I have a spare crown somewhere. We could decide to marry it with your legs. Question however is who will be the beneficiary :)
I have a syncros crown but it has a 1 1/8” steerer.
Maybe we can both get something out of a trade 😉

Latest posts

Back