Syncros Frames.. Do/Did They Exist?

Betsy

Old School Grand Master
Morning

These frames..

1713173507587.png

1713173542778.png

I've never seen one.. i've never seen anyone trying to repro or restore one? .. were they produced in incredibly small numbers or were they just fabricated to display Syncros components.. obviously at least one of them existed, anyone know if they're in a private collection or a museum somewhere?

Morning

These frames..

View attachment 839976

View attachment 839977

I've never seen one.. i've never seen anyone trying to repro or restore one? .. were they produced in incredibly small numbers or were they just fabricated to display Syncros components.. obviously at least one of them existed, anyone know if they're in a private collection or a museum somewhere?
Put your ear to the ground like a native American and listen for cracking sounds..
Edit don't do it in Yorkshire as you'll get nothing but Pace frames :p

Last edited:
some think the one used 1991 to show the pro-series Syncros stuff was made by Retek, some think it's an Asama

At least we had the discussion here already a few times. I think there are even more threads on this.

Thanks, I’ll have a read

Link me up if you remember the others
yeah i was also using the search but not successfully...
If I recall it right, there was a thread where some thought the Syncros Bike from the 91 ad or 92 brochure should be an Rocky Mountain, just without logos...
To me, Retek, Asama or RM doesn't make an huge difference, as the bike business has been a small world back in time, those guys certainly worked with each other and Sandvik.

If interesting, there is a thread in the German classic bike forum about building a remake, this includes a bit of more pictures like this one

In the mid-90's a friend who was a sports consignor offered me a Syncros show bike which he had acquired from the factory. It had the full treatment, including Revolution cranks, and the frame was badged as well.

What do you mean by "badged". Syncros never had any "badges" in the original bike sense.

Syncros used regular ordinary US or Taiwan made Aluminium frames for their catalogues and put their parts and some decals on them. Nothing more :)

To me, Retek, Asama or RM doesn't make an huge difference, as the bike business has been a small world back in time, those guys certainly worked with each other and Sandvik.
That's exactly what Brodie explains in his book.

So on that basis I would also tend to believe that there were never any Syncros frames produced as such. They just had other brands commissioned to produce a few for their catalogues and that would be that.

No. No Syncros frames at all. My understanding was that the frame in the first advert was a Lavoie, but I don't know if anyone knows for sure.

Star12

Back