Syncros Crank-o-matic

MR OX

Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
I've been after one of these for a while however have only managed to find one that was a little bit more damaged than I was prepared to go for at just under £25, I've seen sets up for bonkers money so when I spotted these on Ebay at £30 Thursday night I thought they didn't look too bad AAA.jpg AAAA.jpg
They arrived today, so I gave them a good spray with graffiti remover (I don't have any paint stripper at home) then went at them with a cloth, small plastic scrapper & a pin. Really pleased with how they turned out, only took about twenty minutes. AAAAAAA (2).JPG

Nice even if I think £30 for a set of bolt is silly.

Looks like you Allen sockets are good, they tend to damage easily.

I think many get damaged on removal as the extractor cap is suppose to be loctited (242) in and people don't dissolve that before hand.

Edit just remember the manuals

Last edited:
Remember to use steel bolts first to tighten up the cranks properly, remove them, then fit these. £30 is a v good price, seen them go for a lot more too.

Remember to use steel bolts first to tighten up the cranks properly, remove them, then fit these. £30 is a v good price, seen them go for a lot more too.
I thought that was only relevant when using aluminium bolts??

Always did same with Ti bolts, as they can be soft when torqued up hard. Allen ones are even more prone to getting stretched. Its only relevant if its gonna be ridden properly like bitd 🤔

It's in the instructions I linked too ;-)

If they've not been used together before (crank and bb) then use steel bolts to make them mate i.e. basically mould the crank taper.

Crank O matic Allen key is smaller than normal and they, as I think you can see in the picture a bit on the left one, dint much easier.
You often see them with slip marks.

Back