Surrey is a cesspit of 4x4 to$$ers

scottmac

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
A front page headline recently caught my eye in The Surrey Advertiser:

It is quite clear that Surrey does not want cyclists on their turf.

As I cycle in Surrey, I am beyond pissed off with wankers blasting their horns at me for no apparent reason, missing me with inches to spare, informing me to pay road tax (hardy-har-har!) gobbing at me etc. the list goes on...

I drive a car and don't treat other road users in this manner. The law don't give a toss, so I have decided to buy one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur099Mp6q4Q

and I do know how to use it. ;)

Oh, and for all the do-gooders on here that will say the likes of, "You'll end up in jail" - SFW. For all the petitions, column space, media bozos etc. Cyclists are still being maimed and killed and sod all is being done.

Good-day! :D

Attachments

• delight.jpeg
    delight.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 516
I find it's the crappy little car drivers who are more of a danger to cyclists, yoofs in saxos and coffin dodgers in Yaris and Aygos.
4x4s are never on their side of the road anyway; There seems to be a growing tendency for drivers to swerve around puddles and half cleared fallen trees no matter what is coming the other way.
I have a degree of sympathy with residents of the "Surrey Hills". On a sunny weekend it's like hell on earth, off road or on, whereas over here twixt Godalming/Farnham/Haslemere it's virtually deserted, though it appears to be changing. Yesterday on the Punchbowl, on the first sunny day of the year I met 5 mountain bikers! :shock:

what an absolute bunch of *extremely long bleep covering many expletives*
it's one day out of 365 in a year, what's the big deal? i wouldnt be surprised if there are people who are sponsored for charity while doing this event too
i'm sure Mr Huggins enjoys many things in his life, being a cock and disgruntling cyclists, fitness enthusisasts and the like being one of them, but just because he and some of his chums dont like cycling, and by extension cyclists, shouldn't give him the right to ruin other peoples hobbies and such, but apparently it seems they can! it seems we are now, and have for a while, become second class citizens who must bow to those who dissaprove of our choice of hobby, which for some is more a way of life, commuters in mind there, simply because we are seen as an inconvenience to other road users. what does it take, to take less than 30 seconds? out of your life to slow down so you can safely pass the cyclist/s. yano what i say, BALLS TO IT. run the triathlon this year regardless, it doesnt look like it will run in 2015 anyway due to our best bud Huggins, forget the red tape and just crack on. its time we stopped being put down, listening to idiocracy, and started using some not so common sense and demanded to be shown some courtesy on and off the road. VIVA LA REVOLUTION! ;)

toomanyframes":2vrjgv4h said:
Would it be considered rude to write to mr Huggins and inform him of his act of massive douchebaggery?

I think it would be better to send him your unwanted bicycles, parts and frames. Then when he looks around and sees the piles of bikes and bits around his property he will be comforted that they aren't on the road where he really doesn't like them. :twisted:

I thought the decision on whether a race could be run lay with the local Chief Constable? Not the local busybodies club.

Or is that only for BC affiliated events?

xerxes":u4lxbcq0 said:
toomanyframes":u4lxbcq0 said:
Would it be considered rude to write to mr Huggins and inform him of his act of massive douchebaggery?

I think it would be better to send him your unwanted bicycles, parts and frames. Then when he looks around and sees the piles of bikes and bits around his property he will be comforted that they aren't on the road where he really doesn't like them. :twisted:

Ooooh good call!! :D

With a name like Huggins one might reasonably expect him to be a friendly fellow, rather than the selfish f&%@wit he evidently is.

Back