Summer project... 19?? Intense Uzzi SL build...

Looks great! I don't feel like the 1st gen (non-VPP) Intenses get the love they deserve. They were the best of the best for years.

Looks great! I don't feel like the 1st gen (non-VPP) Intenses get the love they deserve. They were the best of the best for years.

I can only agree with you !!! For me, craftsmanship quality of early Intense frame are second to none with a lot of CNC details, adjustability of the frames and a really working suspension. Back in days my 99' Uzzi SL was the bike with I've had the best trips in all mountain or downhill sessions (I'm living in French Alps).

I remember an old Intense ad in Moutain Bike Action where they compared their frames with a swiss army knife. I've no longer these issues but I've find this in a 98' one...

Intense Ad MBA September 98'
intense ad.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing build progress. I'm sure I'll keep my Tracer in some form forever and will eventually have an M1 if I have my way! I've had Horst Link bikes since 1995 and always come back to them.

Hi All,

After two aborted project (at this time) for sad reasons these last months, a 97'cracked head tube Manitou FS and a 96' AMP B4 with a stucked BB, I've find a better karma with a cool early Intense Uzzi SL, cheap and locally...:cool:

View attachment 638911

I've had a Uzzi SL in 98' and keep this bike for many years and I think is the bike I've had the most adventures and miles with. Also as an old DH rider I always be in love with Intense frames and always liked the idea of an early Intense rebuild so the fun can begin.
Frame is now stripped and ready for some clean and polish...

View attachment 638909

View attachment 638910

As I've already asked for in this thread https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/early-intense-cycles-serial-number-help-please.447559/ I'm not sure of the year of this frame. Look like a 96' even if the serial number doesn't match (SN# : M12887) as 97' frames already had disc brakes mounts, so I go with a 96/97' parts build. If someone can help me about the year, it would be cool... ;)

View attachment 638907

More to come... ;)
hello by the way ,.Greetings from Norway :)
I am also in the same " boat":..im looking for info on which year production my Intense m1 is.I also got a reply from Intense EU, and they said based on my serial number...when running it in their database..it says its a 1995...which clearly is not correct. But after alot of searching ,answering questions etc in facebook groups..it is looking to be a 1998...BUT...i have also a feeling after seeing many m1"s..that it might be a late 1997....and when looking at my serial number...it might make sense that it can be a August ( 8 ) 1997 (7)....if the two last digits are the production year etc..and the 3 first numbers are actual serial number/or production number. And i see you have the same...87 in the last two digits....so its just a thought..as your bike very much can be a 1997 aswell... here is my serial number 436314844_2739987126150415_5066841224233601166_n.jpg
one of my bases for arguing its a late 1997...is that it has the small pivot type swingarm ..
435894919_959549265874858_2258625059408255055_n.jpg

Back