Such a shame..

You don't know if the shop or he was talking about was at Whitley Bay Dome? Which was Fast Eddie's, which may be the link...
Fast Eddie's at the dome was an indoor skatepark and bar, very cool place to hang out in the 90s. I met my better half there one new years eve. It was run by an ex pro bmxer called Dave Young, I think? I don't remember there being a shop?

Fast Eddie's at the dome was an indoor skatepark and bar, very cool place to hang out in the 90s. I met my better half there one new years eve. It was run by an ex pro bmxer called Dave Young, I think? I don't remember there being a shop?
Only because someone asked about Fast Eddies and so I linked to and old post from someone who worked there, it eneded up deep down under the skate park.
which depending one the link I grabbed, will eventually quote

Well people I can tell you a great deal about Fast Eddie bikes because I used to work for the company and build them.

Fast Eddie is my old bosses farther, Charles Edward Fagg. So no high ranking race dude involved.

All FE frames came from China including the Ti, carbon and carbon/kevlar. I used to build these in an small unit in Birtly and then moved down to Whitley Bay Dome. Deep in the cellars was where they were finally built. The upstairs of the dome was Fast Eddies skate park. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7ZOETPCQAAcmD1.jpg:large

That frame with the Risse shock was not the best idea and as a bike didnt feel good. The steel full suspension frame was only short travel but wasnt too bad.

Good old days and good bikes...

Only because someone asked about Fast Eddies and so I linked to and old post from someone who worked there, it eneded up deep down under the skate park.
which depending one the link I grabbed, will eventually quote
Wow, I had no idea that was going on down there? I'll have a read of that now, cheers

This all just makes me want these fast Eddie's frames even more. We could have his and hers bikes, that would be so cute.

The seller mentioned Charles Fagg - he seemed involved in the shop too but I'm not sure how.

Such a shame - I'd been after a steel Kili for ages too..

Surely the question to ask is "where did he bin them"? Im sure somebody that way could go and look! Even if its a scrap yard, they would probably sell them.....

Got to be worth an ask!

I'm too far away, but I've asked for the sake of anyone closer. Would love to contribute to another survivor!

Back