Spray Grease

michael franks

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Is it any good? What have you used it for? What were you using before?
Just pondering it's possible uses before investing the princely sum of £4 in an experimental purchase. Thanks.

car doors and locks, spay lithium grease is ideal (in fact it's what is recommended)

that's about it, unless you are greasing threads, in which case I use spray copper slip these days because it's less messy.
bike related stuff, not a whole lot of stuff, it's ok for things like seatposts and steerer tubes, it will be fine on derailleur pivots although you will want to clean of the excess toot sweet.

Its a useful thing to have about. My BiL - top chap - works for Network Rail and keeps me well supplied with spray white grease...and disposable gloves, industrial weedkiller, railwa sleepers, hi vis clothing...

Great for the rollers and tracks on garage doors!
Grease itself comes out a nice consistency but at a pressure/speed that’s pretty uncontrollable for fine use. Never found a good bike use for it.

I use it on Car door hinges and padlocks that’s about it really.
It’s Low cling do crap doesn’t appear to stick to it and it can be wiped off easily and reapplied when required.
For the bikes , high melting point grease for bearings and copper slip for bottom bracket and fork threads.

Tracks on garage doors - yes! For the bike I do much the same as most people on here copper ease for assisting servicing and HM point grease for bearings. Thanks again for the replies.

I use it on front and rear mech linkages/coating the springs and also sometimes on caliper/v-brake springs (be sure to protect the pads) to protect against rot, however as others have said - a lot of crap can stick to it. I also use it to cover the 14mm steel hex bolts on some square taper cranks behind the dust caps, again to protect these from the rot.

Back