spotted a dave yates

HAPPY DAYZ.............

.......AMAZED AT 3PM A PARCEL ARRIVED..... :shock: :D

BY 3.22PM, I HAD REMOVED THE PAINT/CORROSION.

HAPPY DAYZ.........!!!!!

THE BOTTOM BRACKET WAS A BUGGER, TOOK A LITTLE SOAK, A LONG BAR, AND 3 OF US, BUT IT GAVE UP IN THE END.

CONDITION WISE, I THINK £100 WELL SPENT..... :D

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 772
Love these frames, this one has turned out very nice...good score :)

Must get around to putting my steel frame pics up for you Sinnerman ;)

mynchiboy":10ps06zc said:
Love these frames, this one has turned out very nice...good score :)

Must get around to putting my steel frame pics up for you Sinnerman ;)

thanks mate..........now just got to think about paint scheme.... :cool:

and your pics...when ever you are ready......looking forward to it...!!!! :D :cool:

:LOL: cool sinnerman....no probs with that chainstay....dont you love bad ebay pics...... :LOL: .....

sometimes anyway :LOL:

marin man":38b8b671 said:
:LOL: cool sinnerman....no probs with that chainstay....dont you love bad ebay pics...... :LOL: .....

sometimes anyway :LOL:

Thanks mate, i really am pleased, top ebayer though, i didnt expect it till monday, and when the box arrived today, i never thought for one minute, it would be the yates.

you can imagine the smile on my face, like christmas morning.... :D :oops:

And i am impressed with it too..... :cool:

nevadasmith":31lxol8v said:
Sinnerman - glad it was a good'un :D

I have scanned and uploaded the full MBUK review from 1991, its here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=143589

Look forward to seeing what you do with it!

Mate , thank you very much, thats excellent.....!!!1

And what an excellent review....couple of things made me chuckle, the first being the main reason for the review....."STEEL IS MAKING A COMEBACK".....WOW....(And this was in 1991).!!! :LOL: How many times over the years have i heard and read this......., it was only a couple of months back, i read a review, and there we were again........."STEEL IS MAKING A COMEBACK"...LOL :LOL: , Excellent, .......!!!!! And the finish, Dave yates handbuilt bike, and the comment.... steel will be the choice of many people for many years to come......!!!!! Retrobikers love steel....... :D

Excellent...!!!!

Im please it confirmed the thoughts i was trying to make on the building of the frames too, and i now understand, the point pete was trying to put over, and how he compared the process to the roberts genesis. And see how after reading the review he read, how he formed that opinion.

a brilliant read mate, for anyone wanting a good handbuilt steel bike regardless of there budget.

Thank you again mate, and i will keep you posted on my thoughts on the build.

It was a good read - one that has always remained in the back of my mind for the last 20 years.

Back then each of the bikes was out of reach, (may as well have been on the moon) the Salsa was awesome but the price of the Dave Yates meant it was conceivably, possibly, could be, maybe in reach - that meant I always wanted it the most out of the three - I'm not sure how he did it for the money really.

I now have a 90/91 Salsa Jelly Bean, almost finished :cool: so I got one of them in the end! Maybe a retro bike aim should be to get group test bikes from BITD to the rides on the calender for a re-union to allow people to have a go and reflect on the reviews?

nevadasmith":l43lqru8 said:
It was a good read - one that has always remained in the back of my mind for the last 20 years.

Back then each of the bikes was out of reach, (may as well have been on the moon) the Salsa was awesome but the price of the Dave Yates meant it was conceivably, possibly, could be, maybe in reach - that meant I always wanted it the most out of the three - I'm not sure how he did it for the money really.

I now have a 90/91 Salsa Jelly Bean, almost finished :cool: so I got one of them in the end! Maybe a retro bike aim should be to get group test bikes from BITD to the rides on the calender for a re-union to allow people to have a go and reflect on the reviews?

salsa in jelly bean......cool... :D , and a good idea too, for years i have read reviews, comparisons and mag advertising, and even bought into the brainwash. What i love so much about this site and members and retro bikes,.... we can now, at sensible money see what all the fuss was about. my fasination has always been tubing, the differences, design, etc, but comparing the different models first hand, in an unbiased manner, without the advertising and hype is a fantastic idea..... :cool:

A rider review page/thread, would be a great. Lots of great pics, and the owners true opinion of what they think about there build. the likes/dislikes. what they would change/if any, how it rides etc, etc, a little more than just a build spec..? I would read it. :cool:

Back