Spooky Rear Disc Mount Adapter

Re:

Ok that’s interesting I didn’t realise you needed 2 mounting brackets. Would be interesting to see a pic of that?

Afternoon All,

I quickly came to the conclusion that sourcing the original mounts etc would be a long a fruitless process, and I am impatient. So, what was my next point of call? After talking with another member, they pointed me in the right direction for the IS mount spec, and a Metalheadz with a homemade mount and I decided to attempt make my own.

Fires up Autodesk Inventor

Snapshot-1.jpg

One step file to China later, and I have a rear IS disk mount. i had originally cut one from an aluminium sheet and bolted it to the frame, but the inside face of the rear stay is too close to the wheel for the alignment to work.

4-e1594293361372.jpg

It was quite an expensive process as the bracket was £50, not including P&P and taxes (dammit), but it fits and the rear caliper sits in a lovely location.

I do need to finish building the rear wheel, bleed the caliper and take it for a test drive. But so far, so good!

Re:

Been speaking with you on ig about this but thought i’d note my interest here too... it’s a perfect solution for what i need!

Back