For Sale Specialty Retro Products limited time UK direct distribution (Rockshox Judy, Fat, Yeti, Syncros, Marzocchi)

Here is some of the feedback I received directly from these orders:

"Thanks very much, that's great service. Forks are fabulous, by the way, I'm very pleased."

"Perfect fit and installation for the Judy cartridge rebuild kit and springs..."

Ordered a pair of Judy's from Kokies as part of this order. They arrived in great condition but were missing the 3 of the 4 clamp bolts.

I got in touch to find out the bolt size and Kokie apologised for the mistake and immediately put a set of replacement ti bolts in the post to me from the states which arrived within a week.

I couldn't ask for better service.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I am looking for advice on upgrading my recently acquired 1998 Rockshox Judy XL’s. They are in excellent external condition, but too soft for me. Have you any firmer springs? Can you advise on an alternative damper cartridge? Also, what other Rockshox model parts would upgrade these old forks? Cheers!

I am looking for advice on upgrading my recently acquired 1998 Rockshox Judy XL’s. They are in excellent external condition, but too soft for me. Have you any firmer springs? Can you advise on an alternative damper cartridge? Also, what other Rockshox model parts would upgrade these old forks? Cheers!
I might be able to make something work for you. We are actually working on a DHO kit now as well.
Can you measure the length of your current primary and secondary spring (ID as well)? Do you know if your fork has the 80mm or 100mm of travel? Email me the measurements please sales@specialtyretroproducts.com

Damper is complicated. Your fork have the non-serviceable cartridge. You can try draining the fluid and filling it with a 7 or 8 wt oil. this should help to slow down the compression rate. I do have an NOS 80mm damper and neutral shaft in stock. If you are currently running 100mm of travel it would reduce the travel however it would work.

Can you measure the length of your current primary and secondary spring (ID as well)? Do you know if your fork has the 80mm or 100mm of travel
Many thanks for your quick response 😊…I’ll take the forks down and measure the internals. I suspect it is set up with medium and soft springs for 80 mm travel, as I’m fairly sure I’m not getting 100 mm. The manual states that for 100 mm travel the XL/XLC should have at least medium primary and secondary springs; checking the recommended set up for my weight, I need a medium spring in the left and a firm in the right stanchion. Point being, of course, is that I’ll try whatever you say to try and firm up these old legs, 😆. Re the damper, I read somewhere that a later hydracoil system can be retrofitted to the XL. What do you think? Cheers, bud 👍🏻

Back