Specialized Rockhopper MTB Shoes imported from US

M-Power

Old School Grand Master
Delighted to score these beauties. Love the look of them and they are so comfy. Perfect for just chilled cruzing around town. They are NOS and I was told old. A quick google post show 1980s :? How old anybody know for sure ? Anybody once own these ?

They are heavy but so well made. I took a risk on these and was prepared for a nasty surprise i.e. maybe the glue or sole rubber would be breaking down after so many years but they seem as fresh as the day they left the factory. None of that new built in obsolenscense mularkey feel to them.

Well pleased :mrgreen:

Attachments

• IMG_6320.PNG
    IMG_6320.PNG
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,519
  • IMG_6321.PNG
    IMG_6321.PNG
    76.2 KB · Views: 1,520
  • IMG_6322.PNG
    IMG_6322.PNG
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,520
regan_ev":1epfik6t said:
They're bloody cool! Don't recall ever seeing these before. :cool:

Me neither. They are so well made in comparison to the flimsy feel of more modern stuff :mrgreen:

Re:

The SPD cleat plate dates them from the 90's onwards?
Design looks fairly modern, more so the sole.
I'd guess post-2000, so still retro :)

Re: Re:

jimo746":1dzjr5zi said:
The SPD cleat plate dates them from the 90's onwards?
Design looks fairly modern, more so the sole.
I'd guess post-2000, so still retro :)

Interesting :? I'm amazed that the rubber and glue bond around the sole is as strong as it is. There is no sign of degredation which I would defo expect on a 20+ something old shoe.

Had a google but no exact date of manufacture crops up. The 94 Rockhopper had a lovely olive green paintjob so my gut feeling is it's from then but prolly wrong :eek:

So comfy to wear. Stiff in the sole where it needs to be for power and pedalling efficiency but when you walk there is a hinge like effect from beyond the ball of the foot to the toes. I have a top end pair of Fizik ATBs shoes and I wish they had this feature.

Attachments

• IMG_6454.PNG
    IMG_6454.PNG
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,330
Back