Specialized fsr elite, pro or max backbone

chrisbro77

Dirt Disciple
Hi, after been away from bikes for almost 15 years i'm slowly getting back into it... having sold a 1999 specialized fsr comp in those years, now regretting it... i'm after another. But this time an elite, pro or max backbone.

either full bike (original or not) or just the framest give me a bell on here ...

cheers
chris

This is a old post but i have a just in pillar box red fsr max backbone. just put it in the shed but my first look is that its in good condition with all original paintwork with a betd extender. Its dark now so im going to clean and check it tomorrow and put it on here. also have a pair of 2001 dual crown bombers i got with the frame.

Still very interested ..... where abouts are you ? what size is it ? and depending on condition how much would you be wanting for the frame ?

cheers
chris

Re: frame forks

Im in bradford west yorkshire. I dont have a price until tomorrow as i need to check for damage bearing wear etc which will make a big difference. Im not at work tomorrow so ill mail you by dinner time on here.

chrisbro77":1sshmcox said:
Still very interested ..... where abouts are you ? what size is it ? and depending on condition how much would you be wanting for the frame ?

cheers
chris
Hi
I have pictures now and will try to put them on here now. got one up but all the rest are on photobucket if you want to have a look?
The frame overall is in good condition and all original stickers etc. All the bearings seem tight and good. It has the BETD pivot link attached and what i beleive to be a risse shock. Am unsure about the make of the chainguide but think its a MRP. The rear bottom arm is also different and has no markings so unsure also. It also comes with headset which is a WTB Momentum C. 17 1/2" frame

Looking for a good bid around £200 on frame and £140 on the forks which are the rare 2001 model in good working order. A bit of squelch but they all do. i cleaned them and pressed them 30 times and no seepage so far. There is some laquer peel and bubbles on the bottom cross member as you can see in the pics. They will rub down with a bit of wet and dry.

http://s1196.photobucket.com/user/poker ... t=3&page=1

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

Re: Re:

chrisbro77":36b5cl6l said:
Would you have any reason to think the rear shock is not stock size ? 165 eye to eye I think

Cheers

Just measured and its set up at 155mm so could well be. It was with it having the BETD upgrade made me think its not.?. It has the CVI logo.

Re:

Hi, tbh I'm torn. I'm in two minds weather the frame will be too small for me and I know these don't come along that often, so I'll need to get back to you. If you sell it before I get back to you then my lose.

Cheers
Chris

Re: Re:

chrisbro77":3lvi57jx said:
Hi, tbh I'm torn. I'm in two minds weather the frame will be too small for me and I know these don't come along that often, so I'll need to get back to you. If you sell it before I get back to you then my lose.

Cheers
Chris

i have reduced it to £150 if that helps as i was told thats about right for a good price

Latest posts

Back