SOLD @ £1925 - Old Barns & Unicorns - 1996 Kona King Kahuna

Re: Price Reduced - Old Barns & Unicorns - 1996 Kona King Kahuna

Complete bike, as shown, with all original Kona OEM kit, is £2250 + actual shipping costs.

Thanks for reading.

Re:

The unicorn's price has been reduced.

Complete bike, as shown, with all original Kona OEM kit, is £2100 + actual shipping costs. The bike can also be found on eBay.

If you are new to this thread, you may want to start at the beginning and see the conversation in-between, as it has been helpful in bringing various details to the forefront.

We hope this bike will find an owner who really enjoys it.

Have a great day.

Re:

I think the whole thing about retrobikes is to buy a decent one and ride it or buy a knackered one, restore it and ride it.
This is too good and I'd be too scared to ride it in case anything happened to it therefore, like for many, it would be £2100+ for a bike to be hung on a wall.

It's kinda difficult territory. So you've either gotta be rich enough to buy something and never use it or rich and stupid enough to spend this kinda money and ride it, all the while gradually depreciating it with every moment.

Still nice to see it though (and wish I was rich enough to buy it and hang it on a wall)

Re:

Why not invest, carefully remove and store the pristine period correct/matching parts, build it up with good stuff, look after it and enjoy riding it ? These frames will last. Just protect against chainsuck etc. Preserves its inherent value come resale time ;)

Re:

You could but it wouldn't be an investment if it's going to lose money which it will because it'll be used and have wear and tear.
The only way an mtb can be an investment is if it's NOS and remains that way.

All strictly imo of course but it does make sense right?
I'm pretty certain this will sell but still a chunk under £2100 - probably a few hundred less.

Re: Price Reduced - Old Barns & Unicorns - 1996 Kona King Kahuna

The weekend is almost here...happy weekend!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Yes, as the assistant to the owner, I have been a bit remiss in posting the latest price reduction. (Apologies to watcyc!)

Complete bike, as shown, with all original Kona OEM kit, is £1999 + actual shipping costs. The bike can also be found on eBay.

If you are new to this thread, you may want to start at the beginning and see the conversation in-between, as it has been helpful in bringing various details to the forefront.

We hope this bike will find an owner who really enjoys it! Have a great day.

Back