SOLD @ £1925 - Old Barns & Unicorns - 1996 Kona King Kahuna

Re: Price Reduction 5/13/14

The price of this lovely bike has been reduced.

Complete bike, as shown, with all original Kona OEM kit, is £2375 + actual shipping costs.

If you are new to this thread, you may want to start at the beginning and see the conversation in-between, as it has been helpful in bringing various details to the forefront.

We hope this bike will find an owner who really enjoys it!

Have a great day.

Re: *Newly Reduced* Old Barns & Unicorns - 1996 Kona King Kahuna

This bike is an original installation or a mixture of several components and several years bike?

Re: *Newly Reduced* Old Barns & Unicorns - 1996 Kona King Kahuna

if you read back through the discussion, you'll see it's all original stock 1996 Custom Kit One

Re:

Its_kirby is correct that this bike does not include the most expensive kit.

There has been extensive discussion on this thread about the fact that a King Kahuna frame could be purchased with one of two Kona custom kits, and this bike is the Kona Custom Kit One. (And I think there can be friendly disagreement about how to classify it; while that kit was indeed less expensive than the top-shelf Factory Kit, it's also the same kit that was spec'd for the Reynolds 853 Kona Hot bike in 1996, and I certainly wouldn't call that a "budget" bike... It was Kona's top-of-the-line steel model.)

To see the full discussion for an accurate understanding of frame and parts, look back a few pages.

Re: Re:

epptx":2jfq99as said:
Its_kirby is correct that this bike does not include the most expensive kit.

There has been extensive discussion on this thread about the fact that a King Kahuna frame could be purchased with one of two Kona custom kits, and this bike is the Kona Custom Kit One. (And I think there can be friendly disagreement about how to classify it; while that kit was indeed less expensive than the top-shelf Factory Kit, it's also the same kit that was spec'd for the Reynolds 853 Kona Hot bike in 1996, and I certainly wouldn't call that a "budget" bike... It was Kona's top-of-the-line steel model.)

To see the full discussion for an accurate understanding of frame and parts, look back a few pages.

Having actually owned that bike/kit. I'd say it was fairly standard/budget and mine came with the kona ti handlebar option. Needless to say on both the hot and the kk it's the frames that bring in the punters not the middle of the road finishing kit

Re: Re:

its_kirby":ytd8oha8 said:
Needless to say on both the hot and the kk it's the frames that bring in the punters not the middle of the road finishing kit
Agreed, and a perfectly fair comment. And either way, an essentially new OEM complete bike is a nice find.

Back