So who has an E-bike then ?

My latest iteration of the Townsend super e tracker but now it's my regular commuter. I've fitted the bafang midrive to it, just needs a rack, if anyone could recommend one, that would be good. I agree that these ebikes suit different people for different reasons. I still ride my regular bikes, regularly, for pleasure and exercise, but getting to work isn't that, it's a mode of transport instead of the car. Not through the winter though.

Attachments

• IMG_20220703_193643.jpg
    IMG_20220703_193643.jpg
    648.1 KB · Views: 10
I dont have one, and probably wont be in a position to need one anytime soon (in good health so no need for assistance to pedal).
I did came accross this on ebay though, and is a perfect example on how NOT to do an e-bike conversion!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I dont have one, and probably wont be in a position to need one anytime soon (in good health so no need for assistance to pedal).
I did came accross this on ebay though, and is a perfect example on how NOT to do an e-bike conversion!
You're absolutely right, that is hideous.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It's got stunt pegs ! Loads of em!

Yup 2022 lapierre overvolt tr3.5, less than 2700 quid so credit carded it, don't ride it all the time but it does make hard climbs fun again, kinda falling back in love with exploring again instead of sticking to the usual routes. I can get in and out of trouble haha 20230411_124711.jpg

i have this now, Orange Phase, supposed to be a 29er but i converted it to 27+, ripped the 12 speed off, don't like it, fitted a more reliable and a bit tougher 11speed XT, Hope wheels, new Hope tech4 e4 brakes, revgrips, higher rise bar and an sq-lab saddle, oh and swapped the mediocre Fox shock out for a DVO coil shock and then matched the fork! in a flat-ish area kit can do about 100miles on eco mode. just thrashed it around Coed y brenin for 2 days, in the wet.
orange phase.jpg

i have this now, Orange Phase, supposed to be a 29er but i converted it to 27+, ripped the 12 speed off, don't like it, fitted a more reliable and a bit tougher 11speed XT, Hope wheels, new Hope tech4 e4 brakes, revgrips, higher rise bar and an sq-lab saddle, oh and swapped the mediocre Fox shock out for a DVO coil shock and then matched the fork! in a flat-ish area kit can do about 100miles on eco mode. just thrashed it around Coed y brenin for 2 days, in the wet.
View attachment 729741
That's a monster :oops:

so much fun, although i will point out that usually when i ride coed y brenin on a normal bike my legs feel tired, on the e bike i tend to ride further so i still get the leg ache at the end of the ride, i tend to use only eco mode up there as those hills can really eat in to the battery, but the thing i notice most about riding the e bike there is the upper body work out aches, at the end of the day the e bikes are much heavier, so man handling them down the rocky rough trails is more of a work out there, i feel like i have been doing bench presses, something i don't get riding my orange 5.

Last edited:
so much fun, although i will point out that usually when i ride coed y brenin on a normal bike my legs feel tired, on the e bike i tend to ride further so i still get the leg ache at the end of the ride, i tend to use only eco mode up there as those hills can really eat in to the battery, but the thing i notice most about riding the e bike there is the upper body work out aches, at the end of the day the e bikes are much heavier, so man handling them down the rocky rough trails is more of a work out there, i feel like i have been doing bench presses, something i do get riding my orange 5.
One of the few I've seen I like. I am an Orange fan though so biased.

Back