Smartphone mount, what type?

Imlach

98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I'm in the market for a smartphone holder. Looking around online I see that there's quite a few different mounting options. Some work by screwing into the star nut, like a stem cap, some mount to the bars flat and some are adjustable. Some seem to use a case, others a clamp, some a magnet.

What are your preferences, if it has to hold up for commuting as well as offroad gravel and light singletrack? What do you run?

quadlock, nothing else is as good, i don't use it on the bike, but they have many mount options, quite a few pro riders use them, i personally don't like the idea of the phone on the bar and frankly i ride to get away from phones etc so having it in my face while riding defeats the idea but i do think the mounts are the best in terms of actually holding the phone. i use the car mount that's why i like it.

Quadlock on my road, Quadlock on my MTB, on my Turbo trainer, and the charging one in my Landrover.

Nothing is as good.

quadlock, nothing else is as good, i don't use it on the bike, but they have many mount options, quite a few pro riders use them, i personally don't like the idea of the phone on the bar and frankly i ride to get away from phones etc so having it in my face while riding defeats the idea but i do think the mounts are the best in terms of actually holding the phone. i use the car mount that's why i like it.
I totally understand, I will be using the phone as GPS as I want on the go route mapping alongside being able to adjust stuff in the GoPro app, so it'd be handy to have it on the bars.

Do you use the quadlock stem mounted or on the bars? I can see they have both
I use the forward extended version on the road as the drops have limited space, but on everything else I use the Velcro strap version as it’s much more versatile and quick to swap over

I use the forward extended version on the road as the drops have limited space, but on everything else I use the Velcro strap version as it’s much more versatile and quick to swap over
I did not see the velcro strap mounting option. Sounds simpler for sure.

Back