Small parts....what pleasures you!

Not that old but beautiful.. this brass top cap, it was polished brass when i put it on my work bike

fullsizeoutput_3983.jpeg

I like metals and i like how things weather and age.. i can't capture my feelings towards it with a mere photograph but the patina has been building in layers for years..it's just so complex yet impermanent .. i rub it everyday with my hand

fullsizeoutput_3982.jpeg

..so damn charming and so far removed from the kind of patina described in sales listings for battered bike parts.. 😁

If only brass wasn't so soft and heavy.. i'd start making other small parts

Not that old but beautiful.. this brass top cap, it was polished brass when i put it on my work bike

View attachment 726154

I like metals and i like how things weather and age.. i can't capture my feelings towards it with a mere photograph but the patina has been building in layers for years..it's just so complex yet impermanent .. i rub it everyday with my hand

View attachment 726155

..so damn charming and so far removed from the kind of patina described in sales listings for battered bike parts.. 😁

If only brass wasn't so soft and heavy.. i'd start making other small parts
I made a few ali ones, all now gone on other people's bikes.
That is lovely though.

Suntour thumbies and Royce bottom brackets.
The thumbies are just more pleasing to my eye than Shimano ones and feel more positive, although I'll admit that maybe confirmation bias :)
Royce BBs are like bicycle jewellery.

Yeah Flite saddles! And the Dia-Compe bar-end shifters I resurrected a few weeks ago have the most addictive fine-toothed clickiness . . . unputdownable!

Latest posts

Back