Small Caloi

kingoffootball

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
my mate had one in the 90's. it was really light and stiff, as was every early alloy frame.....but i liked the fact it was so light compared to those supergo chinese frames that dominated the market, mbuk had one as feature of good bikes....can't think what they called that feature......but that alone makes it worth a piece of history, as we believed everything pre internet days! get it and worry about it later!

I did for a slight second think of buying it for a commute hack but decided against it in the end and bought a Kona road bike instead and is going for £60 locally collected.

Last edited:
Same crappy mass produced Taiwanese 7000 series alloy frames that a multitude of big names were punting out there in the early 90s. Light, sure, but inevitably breakable. £75 worth it for the components though, and the frame useful if not cracked at a weld. Interestingly the Caloi road frames used by the Motorola team around the same time were rebadged handbuilt Merckx's, so light years apart in all but name.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back