Silverfish 1991 Funk

This is going to be good... 👍
Thanks Carl. Tho I think this one might be a slow burner. CK 2Nut headset is too big so I need to find a silver Gripnut or a Shimano XT in silver.
Plus a set of Cook’s cranks in silver.

Ideally I’d colour match the stem to the fork but I don’t think that will be easy either. So may just go for a silver ATAC or Syncros Cattleprod.
Sorely tempted to fit a Girvin Flexstem but I might keep this one classy 😉

I’m also tempted to go Campy but getting hold of that stuff is way more time consuming than simple XT!

What did you think of my FRO?

Thanks Carl. Tho I think this one might be a slow burner. CK 2Nut headset is too big so I need to find a silver Gripnut or a Shimano XT in silver.
Plus a set of Cook’s cranks in silver.

Ideally I’d colour match the stem to the fork but I don’t think that will be easy either. So may just go for a silver ATAC or Syncros Cattleprod.
Sorely tempted to fit a Girvin Flexstem but I might keep this one classy 😉

I’m also tempted to go Campy but getting hold of that stuff is way more time consuming than simple XT!

What did you think of my FRO?
I’m pretty sure the pigment in the paint is Cromaflair. You could order a colour book and double check; https://www.viavisolutions.com/en-u...ight-interference-pigments-data-sheets-en.pdf

I presume they were painted in the same booth as kleins as they have the same flag sticker?

No, FUNK USA stickers are different. I reproduce those (FUNK as well as the KLEIN frame stickers).

Most likely the bike has been painted by Dave Wilkins or John Rock. John is member of this forum, too. As we all know.

I can ask the previous owner who painted it.

Back