Silverfish 1991 Funk

I’m not sure I like plan B either
Had a play with a couple different type brakes
The Decelerators are just a little too agricultural for this build. Frame is so clean and logo is so ‘modern’ I think I need something a little bit more classic.

I know 🤦‍♂️

I’m going to end up speccing bloody Grafton brakes again 🤣

So all I managed tonight was replacing the axle on the Bullseye rear hub for a 143mm and fitting the new IRD 7spd freewheel. I’m nowhere near fitting gears yet so can’t comment whether it’s any good or not. Looks tidy tho…

Attachments

• IMG_5542.jpeg
    IMG_5542.jpeg
    651.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5543.jpeg
    IMG_5543.jpeg
    617.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5552.jpeg
    IMG_5552.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 39
It’s pissing with rain outside so allotment jobs are out of the question 🤣
so I might have a play with various builds today.
Tried these NOS Scott SE Pedersen brakes
Colours work perfectly 🥰
But they are far too new for this build 🤦‍♂️
Might have an interesting Plan B though… 😉

this is looking good, I love the paint finish on this frame, glad you decided against the Tektro Pendersons too, is there enough space for the chain on the last sprocket against the frame...?

I look at this frame and cant take my eyes of the paint finish, and you cant really go wrong no matter how you assemble it, even with the overload of anodized parts it came with, I appreciate why the guy did it like that, the frame warrants all the trickery you can think of.

Its only one mans opinion, and I appreciate the gear change quality isn't up to Shimano standards, and there might be a slight weight penalty,
but given what it is, and I have never seen another, I cant help thinking how cool that frame would look adorned with simple silver Campagnolo Record. 692CampyOR1.jpg

Last edited:
this is looking good, I love the paint finish on this frame, glad you decided against the Tektro Pendersons too, is there enough space for the chain on the last sprocket against the frame...?
Should be yes
Can’t remember if this photo was pre or post fitting the 143mm Bullseye axle
I’ll find out when I get the cranks and chain fitted 🤣
I look at this frame and cant take my eyes of the paint finish, and you cant really go wrong no matter how you assemble it, even with the overload of anodized parts it came with, I appreciate why the guy did it like that, the frame warrants all the trickery you can think of.

Its only one mans opinion, and I appreciate the gear change quality isn't up to Shimano standards, and there might be a slight weight penalty,
but given what it is, and I have never seen another, I cant help thinking how cool that frame would look adorned with simple silver Campagnolo Record.View attachment 830636
you’re right
But I already sourced a set of Joystix plus I have silver speed traps and silver re-entry levers.
Thought I had sourced some speed controllers but they weren’t quite what I was expecting

Checked tonight
Looks fine Carl

Attachments

• IMG_5584.jpeg
    IMG_5584.jpeg
    413.7 KB · Views: 5
Not managed to progress much with this.
Still searching for the headset which has slowed the rest down.
Managed to fit Ringle wheel skewers and a (repro) Ringle seat clamp over the Bank Holiday weekend.
Plus chainrings on the Joystix cranks.
Was going to go 3DV bolts and maybe black rings or a mix of black and silver rings but I actually think the plain silver looks super clean.
Same with the wheel QR's. I've got a set of 3DV I 'could' use - but am leaning towards a classy all silver build. Will be easier to tell once I have a headset sorted and the forks fitted.

Altho having said all that, when I looked back at the 3DV monstrosity on page 1 - that's kinda grown on me now :LOL:

Still need to sort some crank decals from Gil.

Attachments

• IMG_5925.jpeg
    IMG_5925.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Back