Show us your Specialized

Thanks very much for the compliments, much appreciated. I’ve got Stumpjumpers, Kona Cindercone and have had all sorts of higher priced bikes but they ride amazingly well. It could be me having a case of nostalgic familiarity having ridden a steel Rockhopper for a decade or two but I’ve just been bedding the new pads in and I’m going to say this out loud for the record, a Rockhopper feels better than a Kona Cindercone oh yes and I’ve had an Explosif and it’s better than that. Perhaps not lighter but feels better or just familiar? I guess it’s subjective.
They have a nice frame, just extra lugs for pannier racks, mudguards etc

Last edited:
there was once a guy telling me to never consider a Specialized lower than a Stumpjumper. This is the perfect proof that he was so wrong.
It's less the model, more what you do make out of it.
Your bike combines a lot, nice old school steel frame, but nicely done with great parts and even very nice disc brakes.
Yesss, those brakes and hubs 😍

Where did you get those brake hose mounts that use the old cable holders ?
I found them on eBay, after using Hope in sporting goods as the search then after only an hour or so found them. They were new old stock and old logo so up to 2004 ish? Could be worth contacting a Hope stockist if you need some...
The quality of those M-part cable guide hose clamps is very good, way better than others I’ve used over the years.
tempImageBLE9y1.png tempImagehBYYJb.png IMG_5456.png

Last edited:
Back