Show us your Specialized

Oh, and maybe this is the thread to ask, actually...

Does anyone out there have a nice condition Specialized/WTB Co-Branded Prolong saddle they would part with?

Looking for one for a new build.

Would take a look at any colour/fabric/configuration. Perforated, leather, black or brown. Whatever you have I'd be keen to see!

This is my original owner 1993 Stumpjumper FS. Like gashmar's bike, almost everything on the frame has been replaced (except rear cantis, hubshells, spokes, rims). It's a constant work in progress. It has patina, but every part is kept in tip-top condition down to the waxed chain and cables.

The updated original owner or long kept bike is the ideal bike from my perspective of wanting to keeping things forever rather than replacing every few years. (I do the same with my cars.) A bike that is really ridden is modified as soon as it leaves the showroom floor to personalize the bike to the rider, and later, to keep it relevant and performing better than new. Particularly since '90s bike were still evolving and had features like narrow bars that didn't stand the test of time.

Usable parts taken off the bike get donated to my local bike co-op, which is also the source of many of the parts.

My second post here. I'm from the US, and usually post on mtbr.

PXL_20211025_020953870.MP.jpg

Last edited:
After cleaning a couple of my bikes today I took the opportunity to fit them with some of their more catalogue correct clothes for some pictures.

Here we have the basic models of the 1995 Stumpjumper and 1997 Stumpjumper with their correct saddles, wheels and tyres, unlike some of my prior posted pics of these bikes.

1636228960689.png

Back