Show us your Specialized

KeepItSteel":gekqhk4i said:
OK, here's my 88 Rockhopper in slightly better shape than the pic I posted previously. Refitted original bar, found a nice Spesh stem slightly longer than the original which really helps with comfort. Icing on cake was sourcing an original saddle, looks good and feels great. Also stuck on some awesome period correct NOS Hutchinson tyres that have a blue accent which works nice with the decals on the frame.

Was intended as a long term casual/workhorse but have just picked up an early Dawes so the Hopper may have to go :(

My favourite year for Specialized bikes and that's a lovely 88 Rockhopper you've got there it looks to be in great condition. If you do decide to part with it i'd be interested just need the Rockhopper and a Team Stumpy to complete the full set, those two have been very elusive :)

Spanky22b":3dojyy2r said:
KeepItSteel":3dojyy2r said:
OK, here's my 88 Rockhopper in slightly better shape than the pic I posted previously. Refitted original bar, found a nice Spesh stem slightly longer than the original which really helps with comfort. Icing on cake was sourcing an original saddle, looks good and feels great. Also stuck on some awesome period correct NOS Hutchinson tyres that have a blue accent which works nice with the decals on the frame.

Was intended as a long term casual/workhorse but have just picked up an early Dawes so the Hopper may have to go :(

My favourite year for Specialized bikes and that's a lovely 88 Rockhopper you've got there it looks to be in great condition. If you do decide to part with it i'd be interested just need the Rockhopper and a Team Stumpy to complete the full set, those two have been very elusive :)

Pics can be deceiving I guess, the paintwork on it is not great, loads of chips and some rust spots breaking through the incredibly stingy thin paint that Spesh were applying back then. But that's part of the reason I love it! It wears its history so well and is not a bike I need to wrap in cotton wool to preserve. Structurally solid and zero dents to be fair, I've never even cut and polished the paint so I suppose there's plenty of room for improvement.
Would be great to see it go to a collection so if you're still keen then drop me a PM and let's have a chat

Re:

Here is my Specialized FSR S-WORKS 1994, it travels the tracks of France in Drôme. When I was young he was posted in my room and made me dream

Attachments

• IMG_8179.jpg
    IMG_8179.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 200
Re:

1992 Hardrock Sport that found it's way into my garage by virtue of its loud-ass purple & metallic blue paintwork (the photos don't do it justice) :D Original inc grips & tyres.

Attachments

• Hardrok 1.jpg
    Hardrok 1.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 152
Re:

Very cheap and fairly well wrecked (paint wise, at least) RockHopper frame, bought months ago from the local charity re-cycle place.... plus the P2's bought at a previous encounter for £10... Equals a great lock down/single speed/parts box marauder! :cool: :p

Took it out yesterday for a quick shake down blat, ended up being out for far longer than I intended. Hubs on the wheels are Hope RS Mono - should I worry that these are basically a road hub, as far as I know....?? On 26" decent Mavic rims with custom spokes, so obviously someone thought it was a good idea....!!

Attachments

• SS3.jpg
    SS3.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 132
  • SS2.jpg
    SS2.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 130
  • SS1.jpg
    SS1.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 130
Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":1p335cer said:
Very cheap and fairly well wrecked (paint wise, at least) RockHopper frame, bought months ago from the local charity re-cycle place.... plus the P2's bought at a previous encounter for £10... Equals a great lock down/single speed/parts box marauder! :cool: :p

Took it out yesterday for a quick shake down blat, ended up being out for far longer than I intended. Hubs on the wheels are Hope RS Mono - should I worry that these are basically a road hub, as far as I know....?? On 26" decent Mavic rims with custom spokes, so obviously someone thought it was a good idea....!!

I was out in Combe today, small world! Where’d you live?

Back