show us your Rocky Mountains!

lewis1641":2cauhnug said:
I'm getting one on wednesday! Can't wait. Its not overly retro though it is steel

congrats! yes do tell!

nporternz":2cauhnug said:
bought today
xtr and magura and rs disc

:shock: omg, so jealous! congrats!

zof6mt.jpg

it is being delivered by forum member stephec on wednesday morning.

the plan. throw it together as a single speed to make sure it rides how i want it. if all is well i will then tear it down and have the drop outs removed and replaced with track ends. i have bought a pair of disc wheels and i plan to get a sprocket which bolts onto the disc mount on the hub. that way i can have a freewheel on one side and fixed wheel on the other.

hopefully forks will be bombers when i find a set.

thinking of a gloss grey powder coat or respray.

i was going to do this to my 93 kona but it isnt suspension corrected geometry so fork choice is limitted. i plan to ride this a lot so i want it to have the best i can cfford right now, rather than being particularly retro if i can be forgiven for saying that ona retro forum.

nporternz":39rpqdr1 said:
bought today

xtr and magura and rs disc

anyone know what year?

Hazard a guess at 1994 for the frame, I don't think much else of it is original.
1993 came with AMP forks, but from the cats 1994 did not so probably aftermarket (though you frame looks like the 1994 from the decals and seat Q/R but somebody may know what was really available those years.)

found an old photo of my 1st Rocky (2nd bike) that I owned. Sadly my RM Experience was stolen about a year after I bought it. Still miss it dearly! :cry:

from what I can remember and make out from the photo. Full XT with triggers, Syncros post, stem and bar, Tange Shockblades, Ti Turbomatic saddle, Ringle QRs and cage, Onza bar-ends, m737 SPDs, red ano Bullseye pulleys, Smokes front and back, can't remember the rims… guessing Mavics.

Attachments

• RM-Experience.jpg
    RM-Experience.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 3,392
does anyone know any history of the company? i seem to recall a kona connection?

My '94 Blizzard in it's natural environment!

Bought in an abandoned and seized state, 'lovingly' stripped and re-built as a winter bike.

Attachments

• blizzard.jpg
    blizzard.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 3,047
beepbeep":2lhhu4ad said:
My '94 Blizzard in it's natural environment!

Bought in an abandoned and seized state, 'lovingly' stripped and re-built as a winter bike.

BOINGGGG

Back