Show us your motorbike thread

Are these old or modern pics? if old do you still have the bike? love older mx and enduro bikes, have a more modern KTM 530exc which i need to get back up and running.
Hi,these were back in the day !Wish i still had it as all the others i have had.Nearly finished a resto on an 1983 Yamaha IT 175 then i have a 76 Husky 250 to sort.

Hi,these were back in the day !Wish i still had it as all the others i have had.Nearly finished a resto on an 1983 Yamaha IT 175 then i have a 76 Husky 250 to sort.

Was offered an IT 490 a few years ago, wish i had taken that one now. Is the Husky an mx bike? my mate had an old 2 stroke Husky, big 500 or somewhere around there, it was a beast.

Was offered an IT 490 a few years ago, wish i had taken that one now. Is the Husky an mx bike? my mate had an old 2 stroke Husky, big 500 or somewhere around there, it was a beast.
A good IT 490 seems to fetch mega bucks now,yes the Husky is an mx and it's going to cost a few bob in parts.Most of the road bikes shown so far in this thread would scare me to death ! I only like bikes with nobbly tyres .

I think everyone should try a litre bike, it is hard to comprehend or for someone to explain the sheer speed of them. And i am fortunate in i have lived in or close to the Peak District so have had access to many lanes for off road fun.

In January last year I bought this Royal Enfield classic 500. However, up to that point I had never ridden a motorbike in my life and had no licence to do so! All I needed to to do was get some lessons, pass a test and off i could go!!!!! Smile was wiped off my face when I found that no theory test centres were open because of Covid, there were millions of people waiting for driving instructors to take them on their books and test centres weren't open. For those unaware, to get a modern full motorbike 'A' licence now involves taking five tests. Piecemeal over the summer i managed to work my way through these and finally passed in November. Tests were taken on a Yamaha MT 07 (700cc) and a Kawasaki Z650. Up til then I could only start up my RE in the garage, sitting on it like Mr Toad going 'Broom Broom'.

Clocked up 600 miles on the RE since then, but cautiously only going out on really dry days as yet. Roll on spring.

RE.jpg

In January last year I bought this Royal Enfield classic 500. However, up to that point I had never ridden a motorbike in my life and had no licence to do so! All I needed to to do was get some lessons, pass a test and off i could go!!!!! Smile was wiped off my face when I found that no theory test centres were open because of Covid, there were millions of people waiting for driving instructors to take them on their books and test centres weren't open. For those unaware, to get a modern full motorbike 'A' licence now involves taking five tests. Piecemeal over the summer i managed to work my way through these and finally passed in November. Tests were taken on a Yamaha MT 07 (700cc) and a Kawasaki Z650. Up til then I could only start up my RE in the garage, sitting on it like Mr Toad going 'Broom Broom'.

Clocked up 600 miles on the RE since then, but cautiously only going out on really dry days as yet. Roll on spring.

View attachment 598561

Congratulations and a nice looking bike you have there.

Back