show us your modern-retro crossover bikes

Re:

There are some very nice bikes in this thread and one day I would like to give it a go, but if your after old skool race feel, modern components, ridged, large wheels, you know what you need is a modern cyclocross bike :roll:

Re: Re:

MADB":7rr0f0vg said:
There are some very nice bikes in this thread and one day I would like to give it a go, but if your after old skool race feel, modern components, ridged, large wheels, you know what you need is a modern cyclocross bike :roll:
I was after a bike to get me to work, was bored of riding my GT with bouncy forks and knobbly tyres, so decided to get my old speed demon on the road. Didn't cost much and means I have three bikes to pick from now. :)

Re:

All mine are a mix of new and old, designed to produce a bike I enjoy riding.

1995 Dave Lloyd Cats Wiskas.

Sram 3 x 9, Shimano XT mechs, Raceface cranks, carbon bars, seatpost.

DSCN0552_zps2cbf1600.jpg

DSC_0056_zpsa2980c41.jpg

1992 Cats Wiskas.

Sram 2 x 10 inc BB7 brakes, Hope hubs with Mavic XC717 rims.

DSCN0381_zps375e8ba3.jpg

DSC_0551_zpsb665117d.jpg

1992 Chas Roberts DOGS BOLX

Sram 2 x 10, Cane Creek Direct Curve brakes, Avid Levers, USE carbon bars, Hope hubs with Mavic XC717 rims.

DSCN0045_zpscb07f97f.jpg

DSC_0202_zpsf5f6fd49.jpg

Re:

Not sure if this is modern enough but it's definitely retro,

A '98 Sunn Revolt frame, with P2s and a '93 LX groupset. It is such a sweet bike to ride and works faultlessly :xmas-cool:

Merry Christmas :xmas-wink:

Mike

Attachments

• Sunn build 5.jpg
    Sunn build 5.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 941

Mike Muz 67":2626hd9u said:

A '98 Sunn Revolt frame, with P2s and a '93 LX groupset. It is such a sweet bike to ride and works faultlessly :xmas-cool:

Mike

Nice one Mike.. I like the old shiny black lx stuff on my sunns as well, especially the silent clutch hub and front mech

Once you go black, you never go back ;)

biocandy":5gdt6r03 said:
Mike Muz 67":5gdt6r03 said:

Mike

Nice one Mike.. I like the old shiny black lx stuff on my sunns as well, especially the silent clutch hub and front mech

Once you go black, you never go back ;)

Don't know what you mean :?

:LOL: :LOL:

My other two fave mtbs. Sorry, they're both retro/retro :oops: :facepalm:

Mike

Attachments

• Scott Racing Team 1.jpg
    Scott Racing Team 1.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 928
Re:

My titanium Sunn from 1998.. Only had one bike older than this, a tiny Specialized Rockhopper in my youth.. Am hoping to get my hands on a special Sunn exact from 97 and that's how retro I'll go I think :)

Tuning this one down a notch now though.. Happy holidays :)

exact_10.jpg

Re:

Having seen too much of it in the 90's, I'm not a fan of purple ano, but that is a really classy build.

NeilM":2ojcaysf said:
Having seen too much of it in the 90's, I'm not a fan of purple ano, but that is a really classy build.

+1

Are those Obsys forks ?
Funny enough, I've just started on a Rockhopper, around '94 I think. Don't know for sure, as it's had a respray over the serial number.
I do like '93 ish bikes. Both Scotts are, and there's others from that era that look so good IMO

Mike

Back