show us your gt's

I've learned to love the wide, big flared shallow drop bars, so much control and very comfortable. They are definitely modern for this bike. She's a head turner and thanks for the kind comments

From non-original orange ashes to raw steel shine: my 22" 94 Tequesta restomod. The only remaining original parts are the frame and the bottom bracket (presumably).

PXL_20220117_120205603.jpg

New Tange Seiki 1 1/8 headset, Satori Ahead Extension, By.Schulz / SDS Twist stem (allows to twist handlebar for space efficiency for transport for example)
Ritchey Kyote handlebar with SQLab grips and red innerbarends, old school barends mounted towards the center
"New" FC-M510 Deore 175mm crankset
New wheels , Schwalbe Rocket Ron folding tires front 2.25, rear 2.1 (initially I wanted Vittoria Mescal / Barzo, but I just couldn't get the folding versions)
Shimano Deore M5100 1x11 with Sunrace CSMX80 cassette 11-50 and a no name oval red chainring 38 narrow-wide
Tektro CR720 cantilever brakes, Tektro MT 2.1 brake levers
Fidlock Twist bottle magnetic mounting system (I also have the Fidlock Twist toolbox)

Since taking the photo, the weather was really bad I had no opportunities for some updated shots. But I have finalised my first stage built with a SQLab saddle, switched to a silver Deore FC-510 170mm crankset and added of course a KMC chain.
I am testing different innerbarends designs, therefore I changed the SQLab innerbarends to Spirgrips plus and my old school black barends to lighter polished aluminium Ritchey barends.

The GT now rides beautifully. I love my innerbarends and the position of the classic barends a lot - but I have not finished yet... I like the idea of 69ers adding a larger front wheel. The mix of wheel sizes modernises the bike by lifting the front and tilting the geometry backwards and therefore a slacker steering angle - I hope.

I ordered the parts: a longer and much lighter 28" aluminium fork and bought some used 26" / 27.5" / 29" wheels. I will use front mechanical disc brakes from another project. All parts are due to arrive shortly - can't wait.

I bought the GT in this sad condition just before Christmas. It was a long abandoned project... they did not even remember the original colour. I will sell some original STX components as well as the original steel GT ergobar.
PXL_20211020_155302438.jpg

Last edited:
Bought this a couple of days before my birthday and was hoping it would fit me frame size wise.
20" Karakoram 1994.
I'm 184cm tall with 89cm inseam so sticking to cool looking low stem and bars is impossible. I left the aftermarket stem on and tried out a riser, much better though the whole setup looks kind of...weird now.

Not sure if to sell it our just get over the rat looks and start changing the neccessary parts (cables and tires).

Attachments

• 2022-01-16 12.47.18-1.jpg
    2022-01-16 12.47.18-1.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 2022-01-31 12.54.20.jpg
    2022-01-31 12.54.20.jpg
    518 KB · Views: 28
Back