Show us what you did today, thread

yes pitt meadows dyke trail. you close?
could join us if you like. we meet at foot of shaunhessey at parking lot
on fraser river and ride to the small marina on the slough. then turn around
and ride back with our beer stop at north paw. just a bunch of old guys, with
a youngster once in awhile.
Yea, I live in PoCo so I'm always ripping gravel in the area and hydrating at the breweries (Taylight a favorite). I was riding the PoCo trail yesterday and would be up for joining you guys on a ride. I'll look out for your grey Tacoma and come say hi at the swap meet on Sunday 20230914_154239.jpg

Great Photos Clubby and brings back memories from that epic Macretro ride we had there :)
Sackoohrah, Looks a nice day for it and a bit better than it's been up this way lately. Whereabouts is that?

For me, well the last week has been rubbish up this way, gale force winds, rain and as can be expected when UI have my holidays booked :(
I spent Saturday afternoon finishing off putting gears on my Pugsley!!! I know, I know, obviously I have had some sort of breakdown and put a 1X9 setup on it. I already had the XT hub running the singlespeed so I swapped it out for a 12/34 and kept my 32 ring on the front. I have secretly had a 9 speed long cage XT mech for it and a Microshift thumbshifter since about 2012 or so, just took me a while to round to fitting it.
I did this for several reasons, 1 to make it a bit more versatile and to generally just change it round after riding it singlespeed exclusively since I built it 11 or 12 years ago now. Also as Caleb is just about outgrown his Baby Fatty On One and he fits the Pugs, then he will just get the Pugs and I will ride the 1X1. He is used to gears and will utilise it better with than without.
Today the weather was good and so this afternoon I took it out for a bit of a shakedown and play on the dirt roads to the west around Loch More and south in the flow country. Good afternoon for it as it stayed reasonably dry, just the odd little shower but with a good bit of sunshine poking through. The Pugsley ran fine with the gears being spot on and more just tweaking the cockpit a bit as I have put the Geoff bars back on as well. I was surprised by the Microshift thumbie as it felt a bit loose on the mounting but tight on the indexing, but in use it was one click each time and straight into gear, very precise, very solid feeling. Am going riding with Brian tomorrow, most likely around the Puffer track trails so that will be interesting as while we ride there regularly as well as at the Puffer, I have only ever run singlespeed so that will be fun.
Here is a couple photo.

Jamie

Untitled by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Well, after it being dry for most of the weekend and with the roads looking dry, I thought I would get out for a ride on the lovely Jack Taylor Super Tourist. The forecast was for rain this evening and even though it had been really overcast and heavy since lunch it also looked like it could stick to the schedule.
As I found after about an hour riding round the coast, I was wrong, very wrong. It started to rain about halfway round my planned route, which probably would have been extended if it hadn't rained, which meant I headed home as it was just steadfast and wasn't letting up. I could see it coming in from the sea so was slightly forewarned but even if I time trialled home on the main road I wouldn't have got far before I was wet, so a steady ride on a parallel backroad got me home just as wet but still thankful for the ride.
It gave the Super Tourist it's first ride in the rain, and after drying it off in the kitchen it has been put away most likely until after winter.
Next week is global fatbike day so it is definitely going to rain but if I go out on Sunday I am taking the Mercian as that is now two Sundays in a row on two different Jack Taylors that it has rained halfway through the ride :)
Hope you all had a nice weekend.

Jamie

Looks wild and wonderful as usual Jamie. Been doing a bit of local biking but also started trying this.

IMG_8434.jpeg

No idea why at 49 I decided to try to learn bass guitar but it’s fun trying. Never played any guitar before but did play keyboards 30+ years ago in high school. Absolutely no help, as I only learned to read treble and not bass notes. Thank god for tab transcriptions and online lessons. Only 3 weeks in and just past the stage of sounding like two whales having sex in a wheelie bin. Tuesdays are the best days, as now one else is home so I can plug the headphones and rattle the windows.

Looks wild and wonderful as usual Jamie. Been doing a bit of local biking but also started trying this.

View attachment 799840

No idea why at 49 I decided to try to learn bass guitar but it’s fun trying. Never played any guitar before but did play keyboards 30+ years ago in high school. Absolutely no help, as I only learned to read treble and not bass notes. Thank god for tab transcriptions and online lessons. Only 3 weeks in and just past the stage of sounding like two whales having sex in a wheelie bin. Tuesdays are the best days, as now one else is home so I can plug the headphones and rattle the windows.
Fantastic Clubby, Well done.
Always good to keep learning, something, anything and I don't think you are ever too old to take up something new.

Jamie

Back