Show us what you did today, thread

That is a fantastic photo as usual Roy. Really likeing the red and orange Ritchey :)

Yesterday I did some maintenance on the recent incomer to the fleet, the Jack Taylor Super Tourist. Then of course I had to get a test ride in to make sure all was good. ;)
While the bike had less than 20 miles on it when I bought it, the grease was good when built or even first sold but that was 30 years ago, so needless to say the bearings and grease were a bit on the dry side. Usual stuff, the headset, stem, seatpost etc. Also had greased the front wheel bearings/axle and reset the cones. All good.
After all this I was itching to get out as the forecast up here was for rain in the evening and then rain through Sunday so it was now or never.
A route out towards Loch More and Altnabreac taking in the singletrack tarmac as well as mixed dirt would test it out nicely. I rode it sympathetically on the dirt but didn't baby it as my Super Clubman handles this stuff no bother. Happy to report this one is just as comfortable, stable and well handling and just a pleasure. They dynamo lights work brilliantly and there is no drag on that I could tell on it either.
Well pleased is a massive understatement. Now for a fully loaded long weekend to Brians and back via Altnaharra.

Jamie

Untitled by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

That is a fantastic photo as usual Roy. Really likeing the red and orange Ritchey :)

Yesterday I did some maintenance on the recent incomer to the fleet, the Jack Taylor Super Tourist. Then of course I had to get a test ride in to make sure all was good. ;)
While the bike had less than 20 miles on it when I bought it, the grease was good when built or even first sold but that was 30 years ago, so needless to say the bearings and grease were a bit on the dry side. Usual stuff, the headset, stem, seatpost etc. Also had greased the front wheel bearings/axle and reset the cones. All good.
After all this I was itching to get out as the forecast up here was for rain in the evening and then rain through Sunday so it was now or never.
A route out towards Loch More and Altnabreac taking in the singletrack tarmac as well as mixed dirt would test it out nicely. I rode it sympathetically on the dirt but didn't baby it as my Super Clubman handles this stuff no bother. Happy to report this one is just as comfortable, stable and well handling and just a pleasure. They dynamo lights work brilliantly and there is no drag on that I could tell on it either.
Well pleased is a massive understatement. Now for a fully loaded long weekend to Brians and back via Altnaharra.

Jamie

Stunning photos again.

I just use my Iphone 12 mini. See some nice scenery, pull it out the jersey pocket, point and click.

Jamie

i can't take credit for my pictures. someone else on the ride is far more
talented than i am. actually everyone on the rides takes better pictures then i can.

yes pitt meadows dyke trail. you close?
could join us if you like. we meet at foot of shaunhessey at parking lot
on fraser river and ride to the small marina on the slough. then turn around
and ride back with our beer stop at north paw. just a bunch of old guys, with
a youngster once in awhile.

Back