Show us what you did today, thread

Superb photo Jamie, great days...

Jamiedyer":wqv0v8ka said:
.. it was a fantastic two days with a great bunch of people. Super friendly and very welcoming. Riding was good as it was through some really nice country...

That'll be Yorkshire then :cool:

You're welcome back anytime Jamie ;)

I'm suffering in the perpetual sunshine of Far North Queensland.

Luckily I managed to borrow my old track bike back from my nephew. What better to do with a single speed than find the steepest local hill?

It's similar in height and intensity to the Bealach na Bah and I've ridden it a few times on this bike when I were but a lad in my 60s.

Needless to say, shortly I was breathing through my arse, but luckily for me kind road contractors had closed the road off for repairs at this point, so that's as high as I got.

But unfinished business etc, I'll be back.

So denied a good climb what else could I do? Ride on the flat? Boring...

As Jamie will attest, my idea of a "road" ride doesn't involve much tarmac. My ideal road bike is really a gravel bike.

Lightbulb moment - "gravel", that's the same as track isn't it? And this is a track bike, so therefore....

It didn't take long to discover 25mm tyres may not be quite the ne plus ultra for Ozzie tracks.

Also managed to shake all my tools and spare tube out of the saddlebag, so a visit to the bike shop followed.

But fun was had. :)

Attachments

• Sand trap.jpg
    Sand trap.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 198
  • Up high.jpg
    Up high.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 198
Re:

Fun is what it’s all about :)
Though with the sunshine your having you may not want to come back for the Puffer.
Well I left work yesterday and headed south to pick up a project that has been waiting for me for a while, it doesn’t need much just now and is very usable as is. Very excited as I have been looking for one for ages since the first time I seen one in Canada and this is perfect.
It’s not cycling related but is definitely retro. Barry definitely would understand and has seen this ;)
Since I left work last night I have driven about 840 miles and am stopping for tonight in the midlands before heading north over the border tomorrow.
Jamie

Out for a morning ride. Gravel path looks fine even for skinny tyres.

Croc warning not a problem, I wasn't planning a swim in the mangrove swamp.

What it didn't explain was that that the mangroves are on both sides of the path. Usually it's a good idea to keep 6 metres away from the edges. Path was 4 metres wide at most...

Survived - crocs had probably already eaten breakfast...

Attachments

• Croc warning.jpg
    Croc warning.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 175
  • Path through mangroves.jpg
    Path through mangroves.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 175
Re:

Hi Brian
I will give you a ring this week. Your getting some good rides in, you will come back far too fit :)
No van as I already have my van, there’s is no motor in the project besides me.

Jamie

Re: Re:

Jamiedyer":3ofcqifp said:
Well I left work yesterday and headed south to pick up a project that has been waiting for me for a while, it doesn’t need much just now and is very usable as is. Very excited as I have been looking for one for ages since the first time I seen one in Canada and this is perfect.
It’s not cycling related but is definitely retro. Barry definitely would understand and has seen this ;)

Have I?

I'm gonna guess it's made of wood and canvas. Am I close?

Back