Show me your weird and wonderful handlebars

retroJIM

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
I've been having some issues with the reach on my 29er. So rather than get a shorter stem I've bought some On-One OG bars from Planet X. These have 25° backsweep and 6° upsweep. I've not actually tried them yet but it will interesting to compare against the zero rise flat handlebars I had previously.

I guess these would be called comfort handlebars. We shall see how true that is but it made wonder what different types of bars people use. The high saddle relative to the stem and bars on retro bikes definitely cause me problems as I get older and it made me wonder what, if anything, people tend to do about it.

bars.jpg

Me too. I'll end up converting old Lava Dome to some of these:
Here's what they look like on my Pahoehoe
I'll possibly play around with the angle, and controls need adjustment still. I reckon with the big sweep, as your hands point forwards, you want the controls much further inboard...

My oldest 2 bikes are too small for me, so saddle height is daft, when paired with retro bar and long stem... This helps! IMG-20210903-WA0001.jpeg

Last edited:
Cheers, I like those, better width too. The Planet X ones are perhaps a bit narrow. I did a 15 mile ride with them earlier in the week. They're better than the flat bars but they need tweaking.

Back