Shippping a frame to Singapore?

Wold Ranger

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Have an interested party in a frame to ship to Singapore, but Parcel Force etc, due to the dimensions are lookingat £220 to £350 depending upon number of days :shock: :shock: :shock:
It's not a large or heavy frame, but that seems obscene. Any ideas fellas?

I don't believe it - how much!! I've just had a frame shipped from the US for $70 using USPS International Priority - OK it's not so far but bloody hell that is on hell of a lot of beer tokens to ship a frame.

I think in the first instance do a dummy pack exactly as if you were actually going to send so you get exact dimensions and weight.

I found this site using the search "worldwide postage";
http://www.postagesupermarket.com where on the home page there is a price of £62.69 for 10kg to Australia with DHL (and Australia is further away), however, that is probably for a regular sized carton, but you never know what it might throw up.

The other name that springs to mind is Hermes (no not the expensive Birkin Handbag Company!!!), I've seen a number of German eBayers use them for international shipping rather than using Duetsche Post so I presume they are a cheaper option for them to send things.

I'm sure they'll be more companies but you'll have to do some messing around on the net and I'd still check back with Parcel Force Worldwide, DHL, Fedex, etal once you know dimensions and weight.

Good luck.

Jules

Singapore

It's not the weight that matters, it's the dimensions, a 10kg packet say 30cms by 30 by 10, costs very little to send, but a Ti frame in a box 1.2 meters by 50 cms by 25 is the big, big problem.
A lot of couriers simply won't offer a service for anything this size, the pack would weigh sub 5 kilo's, I may have to phone a few couriers this week and see, but it's not looking hopeful.
When you think about it a well packed mtb frame in a box is as big as an Adult in volume if not larger and check out a single Airfare, it's the same which makes sense really.

I am fully aware of all the points raised hence the suggestion to do a dummy pack to confirm exact dimensions and weight, indeed the seller of the frame I've just had posted in from the US had to check that the frame would fit within the USPS size and weight criteria when boxed before he would sell the frame to me and in fact it just made it!

The frame I had shippped was a Ti frame (size large) and in its box it weighed 5.7kg (6kg for postal calculations) and the box size was 1m*60cm*20cm.

I run a quote on the site I gave the link for and using the dimensions of 1.2m*50cm*25cm and a weight of 10kg and the prices came back between £110.48 to £190.65.

However, if it were possible to reduce the length and width and get down to 1m*20cm*50cm the prices come down to £88.88 - £136.83.

I run quotes for 6kg and the prices were the same as 10kg.

In both instances Parcelforce quoted, so I tried to check directly with Parcelforce but it seems the quick quote isn't working properly at the moment.

Hope you get something sorted.

You need to get the over all dimensions of the box down a lot - 1.2m is large for a frame.

l sent my AMP B5 frame to Singapore for £95.00 insured for full value down at the post office but l had to repack it using much smaller packaging than my first efforts. l popped in an old headset to protect the head tube with a threaded bar and nuts in the rear drop outs to keep the stays from bending and wrapped the whole frame in lots of bubble wrap, then l fitted cardboard round it rather than using a traditional frame box..

I've tried, shipping to Singapore and Australia is very costly. They have a very strict size limit. Believe me, shipping to Singapore is a little cheaper already, check out Australia. I even cut the box to the smallest szie I could and still couldn't get under the limit. It wasn't even a big frame either.

Back