Shipping parts / frames ect

..lee..

Old School Hero
I'm trying to get some prices to ship a frame to Canada and so far very little help. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Who to mail / phone. Thanks in advance. Lee

Re:

Tried them without luck. Don't know whether it's the size, weight or me not doing it right.

Re:

parcel2go

i'm sure you said it was just a frame. when I send large items I try and make the box around whatever i'm sending

Re:

Yes I plan on doing that and measured the length at 130cm and weight of 3kg to be safe. It would seem they're only interested in parcels up to 1m and 2kg. People must send frames ECT. Have you sent a frame before. Cheers Lee

Re:

I haven't sent a frame abroad.

i've bought plenty of complete bikes from America and they have no problem their end. they've all come via usps standard international which is the same as our royal mail.

I have noticed that once a parcel goes over 1m the price goes right up even posting within the UK.

Re:

I tried a few websites for you last night giving measurements at 130x80x30 cm and 4kg and they all came back as to large.

It looks like they any want up to 1m max but there must be dedicated companies that do it

Re:

Not sure about Canada but the last frame I sent abroad was to the Netherlands and was about £45 with Parcelforce aka Royal Mail. You can look up the prices online. The frame was only £55, I guess the guy really wanted that size & colour.

Back