Shipping advice

gogmagog

Dirt Disciple
Hi. I thought I’d tap into the collected wisdom here. What method do people who sell things normally use to ship a frame (with forks): Royal Mail, courier (who) etc? Just to UK. And how much would be a typical price be? I guess an LBS is the best place to acquire a box, and would you advise taking the forks off?

Thanks a lot!

gogmagog":a2vqvm55 said:
Hi. I thought I’d tap into the collected wisdom here. What method do people who sell things normally use to ship a frame (with forks): Royal Mail, courier (who) etc? Just to UK. And how much would be a typical price be? I guess an LBS is the best place to acquire a box, and would you advise taking the forks off?

Thanks a lot!

I tend to use Parcel2go - Go to their 'site and you tap in the size/weight and get various options.

Cost will depend on the above factors and also the value of the frame. You'll get (iirc) £20 of 'free' cover then pay top-up for anything above that. So, you could probably send from about £20 upwards at a guess.

Leaving the fork on is fine, but if you take it off you can use a smaller box ;)

Make sure you brace the frame between the drop-outs.

Cheers

Re:

For me forks always off, both drop outs braced with a plastic protectors. Everything covered in pipe insulation foam with zip ties. Double cardboard lined box and forks and parts secured so they cant move about and damage the frame = no probs.

Back