Servicing and possibly upgrading RS Judy DH 95's

Dampers look sound. They move ok?

Yours are a bit newer than the instructions I added, no crown bolts so less to do. No damping adjusters either so even less to do.

If it were me, I'd replace the spring elastomer stack with full springs.

That missing decal would bug me.

Dampers look sound. They move ok?

Yours are a bit newer than the instructions I added, no crown bolts so less to do. No damping adjusters either so even less to do.

If it were me, I'd replace the spring elastomer stack with full springs.

That missing decal would bug me.
they were on a bike I purchased for the frame, but I did pull them apart and clean and lube them.
I had just put springs in another Judy I rehabbed, and these elastomers looked good so I left them as is.
and yea the missing decal needs addressing, at the time I did not see one readily available, but a set of something can probably be scared up.
this shock will most likely be for sale or trade, as red doesn't work on any of my frames.

Finished the basic teardown, so far no problems except one of the bridge bolts has rounded, I'll almost certainly get a ti bolt upgrade kit for these anyway, so no drama.

The elastomers are in very good condition, although one set is slightly shorter than the other, stansions look to be in good order too.

Time for a fry up before I remove the dampers.
P1010418.JPG

It looks pretty shorter! ...It can cause problems with the rebound after load. I personally wouldnt leave it like that and give it a fresh elastomer set.

It looks pretty shorter! ...It can cause problems with the rebound after load. I personally wouldnt leave it like that and give it a fresh elastomer set.
I agree, and although I respect your entrepreneurial spirit I'm going for springs this time.

It doesnt matter - since I also offer the full spring kits in my portfolio .-) Has nothing to do with any kind of "entrepreneurial spirit". Rofl ...

I am always curious why people choose springs over elastomers. When the performance and the ride feel of steel springs are way "worse" then elastomers? Also the costs are almost the same. The work and effort you have to do for servicing is also the same. AND with this fork model, a service and maintainance (lube) dont even take 5 minutes. In contrary to other forks where servicing or reaching the elastomers or springs can be painful.

There are VERY few serious reasons to really choose springs over elastomers in the end ... #justsaying

Back