Selling on Retrobike, hit and miss with folk!

Cheshire1980

Orange 🍊 Fan
Have sold numerous stuff on here, and have found folk to be either the salt of the earth, or simply the worst folk to sell too. Or to elaborate, just simply don’t want to pay the money asked for, come up with a book full of excuses or lies, simply think your stupid.. However, on a positive note I stay on Retrobike because of the fab people I have bought or sold with, and are pure enthusiasts and just happy to share there joy. :cool:

Re:

Love selling here as it keeps things within the community,Ive had only 1 bad experience,I was selling two Bombers and I get a guy asks dibs on them asking me to get an international post quote and he`ll take them both.I did this,deal struck all good,packed them up with his name on them.End of month and he disappears of the face of the earth to emerge a few weeks later to say he changed his mind.I just need to vent this occasionally and needless to say dibs are not entertained....

I love the honesty and integrity of all but one member. No dodgy descriptions, clear pictures and fair postage rates. Plus a bit of haggling.

Karma is a wonderful thing.

Well if karma exists then these people are in trouble... like I said great people or just plain selfish lieing toads!

Re:

Mostly good, the occasional bad egg, the kind you reply to their wanted ad, take the requested extra pics and measurements, offer the part at a generously low price to help out said member, seal the deal, and then they simply don't reply to any further messages :roll:
Still, at least I dont get multiple requests to send items to an obscure far Eastern address, or get "wanna swap for a tracksuit? Only been worn twice"... :facepalm: :LOL: as per some other routes to sell bits.

To be honest, it hasn’t been the occasional bad egg, I would say its like black jack, 50/50.. either great or appalling:(

I find most punters recently very cumbersome. Too pricey, the missus won't allow it (you need to grow some bollox mate, ffs :facepalm: ), not sure about the colour, etc. excuses are always ready, you name it, doh. Maybe their retro flash has burnt out, abruptly? And stuff must be sold at givin' away prices, or it's not needed at all. I don't mind a bit of haggling, but I won't be losing monies big time on my stuff either, no goddamned way. I'd rather sink them into storage and be happy owning them anyway.

fearfactoryüberalles":x6pklpfi said:
I find most punters recently very cumbersome. Too pricey, the missus won't allow it (you need to grow some bollox mate, ffs :facepalm: ), not sure about the colour, etc. excuses are always ready, you name it, doh. Maybe their retro flash has burnt out, abruptly? And stuff must be sold at givin' away prices, or it's not needed at all. I don't mind a bit of haggling, but I won't be losing monies big time on my stuff either, no goddamned way. I'd rather sink them into storage and be happy owning them anyway.

Totally agree..

There’s a couple of regulars on here that I know, before I even open the PM, are going to ask for a discount straight away. Doesn’t matter if it’s cheap or expensive part, or how good the price is. I find this annoying and don’t really entertain it any more.

Most of the time I still find trading on here trouble free.

I'd rather buy and sell to well known established members.

Some days selling is like pulling teeth though

Rarely had issues but some seem to forget parts that are in their 4th decade may not be new old stock.

Back