Wanted Seatpost for Saracen Race Elite frame

Trebz

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi all

I need a silver finish seat post for my 1993 Saracen Race Elite. Iv'e had it under wraps for months because the seat post was ... soooo stuck....I ended up using the hacksaw down the seat tube trick, took soooooo long to do.

Now, I need a replacement seat post.

Thanks in advance for any help offered :)

Trebz

Attachments

• IMG_20200519_083614 (1).jpg
    IMG_20200519_083614 (1).jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Re: Seatpost for Saracen Race Elite frame.

Update, it's not a 30mm seat post. If anyone knows what size seat post goes into a 1993 Saracen Race Elite can you let me know. Thanks.

Re: Seatpost for Saracen Race Elite frame.

I got my calipers on it again and it measures 29.56mm ............. So 30mm then.

I just checked in my seat post box, I have twelve. None of which are thirty bluumim mill.

legrandefromage":2zpmpliu said:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72200

Ta muchly.

Tray as I may I can't find a 30mm or a 30.1mm in silver. Lots in black but I was wanting a silver one pfffft.

Well you beat me, I can't find a single one in silver, thanks Cheesey. I'll wait and see if anyone has one in their shed, give it a week then I'll buy that one in the link you sent.

Ta

Hi.
I have a race elite frame and the correct size is 29.6mm. It's a tight fit, but correctly greased it's perfect.

A 30mm post would never go in !

I tried a 29.4mm Thomson post, and that was a tad small.

Bump as I still can't find a seat post for the 1993 Saracen Race Elite. I need to sell this one as I'm passign on all of my bikes. I can't let it go without a seat post..... TIA for any help etc.

From the post above, it sounds like you need a 29.6 mm. I don't have a silver 29.6 post, but I do have 29.4, 29.6 and 30.0 posts in my storage you could use to test the size if you don't have those - your measurement does match up with what Oldfellatn3 says though.

I looked for one myself not so long ago but ended up getting a black one. ETC, Oxford and Kalloy all do affordable ones - Kalloy is probably the nicest of those three.

Back