Seat post tolerance in a frame

yep, understand that. But the original post and the following ones suggest that the main issue is: 'is this 27.2 or 27.4?'.....

Certainly started out as a post tolerance issue as two 27.2 posts were a different fit. Now it has evolved into whether the 27.2 is even the right size.

Not had a chance to try a shim yet, but how much wobble should there be between the post and frame before tightening the clamp?

It should be marginal to none right?

Correct, should be a telescoping fit, virtually no wobble at all.
I've got frames that fart when i push the post down.....

When completing a recent build I had actually considered rearranging my decals to read INDIAN FART TRAIL or FART RAIL for a laugh😁

Hmmm....I have some bikes where the seat post falls - 'clunk' - when I undo the seat clamp, but no wobble when undone. And others where you have to wriggle it in, but it doesn't score the post. So some variation is fine. But not so tight you have to wrestle it in, and not so loose that it wobbles when the seat post clamp is undone. In my view....

I suspect the 27.2 is a little looser than suggested. Might get time layer to try some posts for size.

No, a raleigh custom build, and a principia. I had a scott where i had to take the bottle bolt out with the original 350mm pin as the pressure built up enough to make it an effort to push down.
The shorter Easton pin i replaced it with has a flat on the back, so slides in and out smooooothly.

No, a raleigh custom build, and a principia. I had a scott where i had to take the bottle bolt out with the original 350mm pin as the pressure built up enough to make it an effort to push down.
The shorter Easton pin i replaced it with has a flat on the back, so slides in and out smooooothly.
Just trying to work out if you realised the Breezer comment was a pun.🤔😁

Back