SE Quad/Skyway Streetbeat/GT Performer

Jetpilot

Retro Newbie
Hi all, after a while away with building a house i thought i would pop back and share my old school BMX. I bought the Skyway and GT from a friend and gave them both an overhaul as they were pretty shoddy.

The Skyway 86 is pretty much oem parts, all but a repop seat, from this:

To this:

GT Performer, mainly repop parts, 88 or 89 still not sure, from this:

To this:

SE Quad, Oem Nos still with warranty tags

Attachments

• skyway streetbeat.JPG
    skyway streetbeat.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 6,915
  • Skyway.jpg
    Skyway.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 6,914
  • gt bmx.JPG
    gt bmx.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 6,913
  • Gt Performer.jpg
    Gt Performer.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 6,913
  • Se Quad.jpg
    Se Quad.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 6,914
Good work.... but no build threads?

Sorry, time wasnt on my side whilst building the house, will add a bit more detail to each one over the next few days.

Love the SE Quads, they're the perfect balance between Ugly and Pretty... I know this was posted a while ago but would love to see a full build of that!

Re:

Thanks guys, I am debating building the quad, I think because it still retains the warranty tag, its probably more a show piece than something I would ride. What do you guys think?

:cool:

A friend had a Quadangle, and a Z frame, both never built up, i wonder where they are now.

Re: Re:

Jetpilot":99cay1yd said:
Thanks guys, I am debating building the quad, I think because it still retains the warranty tag, its probably more a show piece than something I would ride. What do you guys think?

Though they are meant for riding, i would personally keep the frame as it is.

mk one":3t6ept1r said:
Jetpilot":3t6ept1r said:

Though they are meant for riding, i would personally keep the frame as it is.

On reflection that is probably the more sensible option. it looks immaculate! really good display piece.

Re:

I've thought about it a fair bit, but if ever that tag gets ripped of while riding, i would be devastated, where am I ever going to find a never ridden quad frame Ĺwith its warranty tag. Sacrilege I know really as its meant for riding. I have put a headset in and mounted the forks so it can be displayed better, bizarre to think its the first time they have been together in 35 years.

Back