Schwinn Straight 6 -97

That is cool and the Bassboat finishes are so deep!
There was Bassboat Green also, don't know if there was Straight 6 in it though.

Great build - we don't see enough full dh bikes on here, especially those from the latter part of the decade :cool:

Regarding the repro chain guides, was it for the upper or lower part? Any chance you have or could take a picture of the upper part look straight at it from the front (down the chain line)? I'd like to see how far it projects away from the seat tube, as it could suit one of my current builds.

Do you have contact details for the guy making them still?
I’ll take you a pic during the weekend! Both the upper and lower guides are repros, and actually the upper one is quite adjustable so comes quite far from the seatpost if needed.

I chat with the repro guy via facebook, but I can ask his email and send it to you as pm if the guide looks to to fit your project!

That is cool and the Bassboat finishes are so deep!
There was Bassboat Green also, don't know if there was Straight 6 in it though.

Haven’t seen any bassboat green schwinns before, have to google it!

I chat with the repro guy via facebook, but I can ask his email and send it to you as pm if the guide looks to to fit your project!

That’s great thanks - if it’s not too much trouble, could you take a measurement from the seatpost to the centre line of the chain/chainring? Then I can compare with mine. E84BB406-080D-4C21-97A1-F0F05C576F5A.jpeg

Just measured my current chainline, which is about 58mm (basic center of seat tube to center of front ring) and I believe the chain device can probably go out for at least 10mm or even more.

6A22424C-5F1B-4202-85AA-D69A24A83756.jpeg

This bike is amazing, so glad to have discovered it.

I was unaware until now that the Straight 6 and DH6 were basically the exact same thing.

Obviously that makes a lot of sense.

And you've done this frame proud with the rest of the build.

Personally I can't get enough of those Insane Wayne's.

I wish I had a reason to track down a pair!

Such a cool touch.

And I'm with OAH: Not enough full-on downhill bikes make it onto these pages from this era!

Very cool, I love these Homegrowns, had a '97 hardtail that I built up from new. You should try and find the matching blue retro Schwinn seat, I had one of those.

Dude that bike is beautiful. I was haggling to buy a straight 6 a year ago. I haggled too much and it sold to someone else. This thing is so nice though i'm gonna have to go back and look through ebay (again).
IMHO this should have been BotM. Underrated.

Back