Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
image0.jpeg
Here's my Scapin Nope 2007 I think.
It's a nice Columbus Steel frame with a dash of carbon.
XTR M960 gears, brakes, mechs, cassette, shifters and cranks.
Crossmax SL wheels
Ritchey WCS Carbon riser bar and FSA Carbon Pro stem
Cane Creen H/S
WR Compositi Seatpost
Raceface Atlas pedals
Fabric Scoop Ti saddle
Just added some Hutchinson Python II UST tyres

I'm not a fan of Red and Black and it looks odd with too much of it - overkill.
I'll see how it rides before messing with it, but I do like a bike to look as good as it rides.

So Was thinking a stem and bar change (Probably a flat one) . Anything except Black - but no idea what - any suggestions?

Not keen on the red forks but I'll leave them for now.
I'll get the front mech on and sort the cabling then out for a spin.
The chain rings need changing as they're in poor condition - Specialites TA C116 are on order.
Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 22.21.46.png IMG_2635.jpeg

Last edited:
Love it. A big yes to your nope.
I agree with you about the bar. It has the purposeful look of a bike that needs a flat bar and bar ends for out and out xc effort.
Hutchinson pythons are a favourite of mine. Ridiculously fast tyres.
Still needs a rigid fork and 1x drivechain for me, but it's not my bike (yet 😀).

Love it. A big yes to your nope.
I agree with you about the bar. It has the purposeful look of a bike that needs a flat bar and bar ends for out and out xc effort.
Hutchinson pythons are a favourite of mine. Ridiculously fast tyres.
Still needs a rigid fork and 1x drivechain for me, but it's not my bike (yet 😀).
😂🤣 you never know. It might be sold on if I continue to hate the Red.
perplexed as to what would go at the front.
The red really kills it. Anyone wanna buy a Manitou Skarabe or swap for something in white ? 😂

I think I would keep the black and get a black fork, to tone it down a bit. Or perhaps white stem, bar, seatpost and white fork. Lovely bicycle Ibbz, I love a Scapin.

Someone who designs their paintjobs must have been heavily influenced by my teenage bedroom (circa 1987). I loved that grey and red striped carpet and the red metal bed frame (then).

I think I would keep the black and get a black fork, to tone it down a bit. Or perhaps white stem, bar, seatpost and white fork. Lovely bicycle Ibbz, I love a Scapin.
Thanks!
You’ve given me an idea!
FRM do a flat bar which is sort of black/gold carbon - and another silver black - would possibly would match the stanchions and / or the white
and a shorter stem

Attachments

• IMG_2649.jpeg
    IMG_2649.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2648.jpeg
    IMG_2648.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Someone who designs their paintjobs must have been heavily influenced by my teenage bedroom (circa 1987). I loved that grey and red striped carpet and the red metal bed frame (then).
And must’ve been a Man U fan

Maybe black wheels may make a difference too?
Yes that would work but would be a shame to sell these wheels. They’re mint and I didn’t pay anything for the bike - traded it for my Bianchi martini racing frame set (frame only plus headset cranks brakes and stem)
Always wanted a Scapin and I found this on Subito.it - I was looking for a carbon but saw this and after reading the reviews and looking at how special the work has gone into the frame I had to have it - and it’s my size.
So Marco @RetroRider_IT bought it for me - and sent it to me express from Italy! And paid everything. He’s a great guy and I can’t thank him enough.
I of course sent him the frame he wanted.

Yes that would work but would be a shame to sell these wheels. They’re mint and I didn’t pay anything for the bike - traded it for my Bianchi martini racing frame set (frame only plus headset cranks brakes and stem)
Always wanted a Scapin and I found this on Subito.it - I was looking for a carbon but saw this and after reading the reviews and looking at how special the work has gone into the frame I had to have it - and it’s my size.
So Marco @RetroRider_IT bought it for me - and sent it to me express from Italy! And paid everything. He’s a great guy and I can’t thank him enough.
I of course sent him the frame he wanted.
Pretty cool story. I think they are up there with the most special of Italian frames. The right size is a plus, too. The proof is in how it rides, I suppose.

Back