Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
Thanks to @RetroRider_IT Marco this is the surprise I have from Italy
Wonderful Scapin Nope D8
Columbus Spirit steel with a dash of carbon
Crossmax and XTR M960 and Skareb Super forks
Me thinks I’ll at some point be thinking of a stem handlebar and seat post - something Italian.

Scapin Nope D8 (2007)

Scapins top line hardtail, the Nope D8 is made from Columbus Spirit steel, custom drawn for Scapin, then beautifully welded in the Scapin factory by true artists.

The steel is then ceramic bead blasted to strengthen the welds and prime the surface for the WPT weather proofing treatment. This involves an electrolosis process to coat the surface with Zinc salts, resulting in a frame that will withstand anything the weather can throw at it.

The steel is then mated to the Carbon seat tube and head tube insert using a highly advanced adhesive. The whole is then painted in the Scapin factories own paint shop, with six colours available as standard, or custom colours at extra cost.

The finished frame is the most responsive and fun to ride hardtail available, giving a fast ride with the added comfort of the high end steel. The sculpted shaped seat stays damping the trail buzz, with the combination of the carbon seat tube and over sized chain stays making sure that all your energy is utilised in forward motion.

The frame comes equipped with two bottle mounts and a race number mount.

The cable guides are fixed to the head tube rather than the down tube. The chain stay guide is adjustable enabling easy adjustment of Sram rear mechs.

IMG_1620.jpeg IMG_1623.jpeg IMG_1628.jpeg IMG_1630.jpeg IMG_1631.jpeg

It's not pretty but i like it very much.
To my mind, it's begging to be made into a stupid light fully rigid 1x ripper - but that's just what i do to all my bikes.

It's not pretty but i like it very much.
To my mind, it's begging to be made into a stupid light fully rigid 1x ripper - but that's just what i do to all my bikes.
Yes the front handlebar and stem set up are ugly - the rest is beautifully made and quite elegant in an odd crazy way - not pretty - reminds me of those girls you really fancy which have a hooked nose or something 🤣😂
I wouldn’t mind it being a 1x10 though the large cassette may overwhelm it

Lovely bike.

I feel I need to raise this (just in case you haven't already checked):

Is there enough of the Seatpost left in the seat tube? The seatstays join the seat tube quite a bit higher than the top tube so it will be susceptible to bending if there isn't enough post in there.

Lovely bike.

I feel I need to raise this (just in case you haven't already checked):

Is there enough of the Seatpost left in the seat tube? The seatstays join the seat tube quite a bit higher than the top tube so it will be susceptible to bending if there isn't enough post in there.
Thanks man - im 5’7” and the pictures were taken just before receiving and too high for me

Back