Saracen Trek elite - Max Drive Forks Question

Mattimilly

Retro Newbie
I'm currently working on my old Saracen Trek Elite which I got new back in about 92 ish I think - it was stored in Dads garage for last 15 years or so.

Everthing seems pretty much ok apart from the forks which are seized solid. I want to use this bike for winter riding so would like a bit of comfort up front so I'm looking for a working pair of forks or maybe a suggestion on what i can use to replace them???

get a really long 6mm allen key and undo the bolt that holds the legs togrether,the forks should slide abart really easily after and id find new elastomers or soak them in oil or something similar to re soften them up.i used to spray loadsa silicon spray down mine bitd.clean all the moving parts and reassemble.

I have sprayed quite a bit of GT85 down the legs but not much joy - thanks for the advice on taking apart, I'll be down in the garage on Saturday giving it a go -

Once I'm up and running with it I'll post piccies -

This could get quite addictive I feel!! next thing i'll be looking at getting a Haro Freestyler that I usd to ride in 84.....

Back