1992 Diamondback Sorrento

That would be amazing mate. I don't know what seat tube size is, what's the chances the front mech will be the right size?

Sean
It's a 31.8 - Pretty standard, more likely to be too big than too small, in which case a shim will fix it.

If it is too small you just need to source an alternative, which should be fairly easy.

If that 200GS FD is the original check to see if the diameter is marked.

Last edited:
It's a 31.8 - Pretty standard, more likely to be too big than too small, in which case a shim will fix it.

If it is too small you just need to source an alternative, which should be fairly easy.

If that 200GS FD is the original check to see if the diameter is marked.
I think the seatpost is 25.8 or 26.8 so that should probably be about right. How much do you think the delivery would be? Pm me your PayPal please mate

Last edited:
It is confirmed to be a 1992 sorrento, thanks for the help id'ing it. Below is a catalogue image from the 92 range.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240228_215808_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240228_215808_Chrome.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20240228_215934_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240228_215934_Chrome.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
26.4 would be my guess on the seat post dia. It's easy to build this up with DX/XT bits on a budget if you scout about the classifieds & auction site etc. I have a Kona Fire Mountain that I have put XT/DX period mechs on & DX levers & thumbies on the cockpit for under £50.

26.4 would be my guess on the seat post dia. It's easy to build this up with DX/XT bits on a budget if you scout about the classifieds & auction site etc. I have a Kona Fire Mountain that I have put XT/DX period mechs on & DX levers & thumbies on the cockpit for under £50.
That's a bargain, I've been scouting and haven't found any that cheap. The original mech was stamped 26.8 so I'm going to get a shim

Back