Saracen kili pro flyer 93

crazier

Dirt Disciple
Hello this is my bike ive been slowly doing it up i got the wheels of ebay from tiawan £65 quid of ebay inc shipping and only took 3 days to the uk not bad i think thease were one of the best bikes ever made and in top condition considering its nearly 15 years old. what it is im looking for is some original forks that were on the bike or some good suspencion forks this bike as a 1" steer tube with about 7" lenth and i am having trouble finding were to get them from the ones that are on the bike at the moment are broke i have inserted to metal rods inside as a tempory mesure as thay cant be fixed(or so im told) and need to find our were to get a new or second hand set from. also is it possible to go from threaded steer tube to a headset and what would i need to do the conversion. Any help would be greatfull.

Welcome!

Think you mean using a threaded h/set & forks with an ahead-style stem?

If so, you can pick up convertors which have a quill one end (to expand into the forks) and an extended, unthreaded tube at the top to which you can clamp the stem.

That makes sense to me but is probably not fantastically well explained...

You should be able to pick one up fairly easily, but if not then give me a shout with the sizes you need and I'll see if there's one down LBS.

if your new forks have a threadless steerer, you can easily convert to aheadset - it's just a case of replacing the headset and stem :)

Yes, really nice frame in what looks to be nice condition, though I'm pretty sure it would look better with "normal" wheels... what are those ones, anyway?

One thing - I'd rotate the front QR lever a bit to be in line with the fork leg if I were you - otherwise some stray stick might release your front wheel for you...

Cheers,

AJ

Hi, I've got a Kili Racer

KiliRacer01.jpg

Think your find the steerer to be 1 and 1/8th, unlikely you'll find some original rigid forks, you could look for retro suspension on ebay but I think your better off getting new if you have to, or if your ok with rigid get some project II's?

I think your asking if you could put some new sus forks with an aheadset on, yes but try to get no more than 80mm travel - think that's the shortest you can get now anyway? - but you will also need to get a new headset, stem, v-brakes, v-brake lever (no cable stop on the fork brace for canti's) - you could still use canti's with rigid forks cos you'd just need a cable stop thing?

Good solid frame, that'll still be out on the trails long after all those Fat's and old Roberts have rusted away ;)

:D

Back