Sandwell Valley Mountain Mayhem

Sutsden

Retro Newbie
Hi All
My friend and I ride around Sandwell Valley quite a lot and are intrigued by the Red Bull 24 hour Mountain Mayhem race, think it ran for a couple of years from 1999 at this location.
We managed to track down a DVD of the event which has lead us to try and recreate the course, it’s not easy!
Random question but does anybody have anything in reference to the course route?
I searched just about every avenue I can think of and found nothing, you’d think the DVD may have shown it!

Rode one of the MM at Sandwell back in the day. Did you try contacting Pat Adams who organised the events from conception until quite recently?

Hi All
My friend and I ride around Sandwell Valley quite a lot and are intrigued by the Red Bull 24 hour Mountain Mayhem race, think it ran for a couple of years from 1999 at this location.
We managed to track down a DVD of the event which has lead us to try and recreate the course, it’s not easy!
Random question but does anybody have anything in reference to the course route?
I searched just about every avenue I can think of and found nothing, you’d think the DVD may have shown it!
This is a brilliant idea

The first Mountain Mayhem took place in 1998 at Trentham Gardens, Staffordshire. In 1999 the race moved to Sandwell Park Farm in the Sandwell Valley Country Park, West Midlands. In 2004 the race moved to the Deer Park of Eastnor Castle in Herefordshire where the course used a nine-mile loop. In 2009 the race saw an estimated crowd of 15,000 spectators.[1] For 2013 it moved to a new location less than 40 miles from Eastnor on private land which has never been used for cycling before, Gatcombe Park in Gloucestershire. In 2019 the race moved to a private location in the center of the country with a new course with much climbing and great singletrack.

Back