Saddle with combo of Most comfort and light weight

ibbz":bgyukqoc said:
The SSM Regal saddle arrived - I tried it and didn’t like it - immediately uncomfortable and painful

Back in the box and on the way back to Amazon

The hunt goes on - in thinking Brooks C13 - the C15/16 are far too heavy, especially after

Can't go wrong IMO.

Do you know what width saddle suits you? The c13, unlike other models comes in 3 widths, 132, 145, 158, I think - for me the widest is the most comfortable over touring/ long distances, but I actually use 145 mostly.

If you're London based I'd happily lend you one to try for a few rides...

1bhp":3l85l6x6 said:
ibbz":3l85l6x6 said:
The SSM Regal saddle arrived - I tried it and didn’t like it - immediately uncomfortable and painful

Back in the box and on the way back to Amazon

The hunt goes on - in thinking Brooks C13 - the C15/16 are far too heavy, especially after

Can't go wrong IMO.

Do you know what width saddle suits you? The c13, unlike other models comes in 3 widths, 132, 145, 158, I think - for me the widest is the most comfortable over touring/ long distances, but I actually use 145 mostly.

If you're London based I'd happily lend you one to try for a few rides...
I've had a couple of normal Brooks saddles (Brooks Team professional and B17) both and the B17 on the Klein are the most comfortable saddles I recall using.
I love the fact that they have that 'give' that bed like/hammock like feel and comfort.
Thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it - if the saddle is anything like the normal Brooks, then I know I'll love it - but the problem is price (which I've just checked) - it's way over my budget so not really worth me even trying as I wont be buying it any time soon - which is a shame, I would've bought the (Affordable) C15/17 but it's heavy - when you've spent a lot of time, effort (and money) getting a bike to weigh around 20 lbs.
If I manage to find a C13 on eBay for under £100 I'll snap it up - but there aren't any.

I was wondering whether anyone else makes such 'hammock like' saddles with a lot of give and flex, but relatively light (under 300g)?

Latest posts

Back