Karma Rubbish large Altura saddle bag - karma

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've had this large Altura saddle bag for a good few years now, bought it second hand as it looked perfect for a few whole-day trips I had lined up. I've never used it myself - I've fitted it a couple of times and the second time I remembered why I didn't use it the first time round... It uses a quick clip attachment system but:

a) the bolt heads are pretty soft, and not very easy to tighten adequately to secure it to the saddle rails (only use a perfect-sized philips head!)
b) when I fix it on the saddle, the clasps to close the bag sit right against the back edge of the saddle so I can't easily unclip them with my fingers
c) the quick clip itself is really inaccessible when the bag is on, considering it needs a finger and thumb in just the right place to release it, and the bag doesn't really move that easily off the clip even when you've got it right.

It seems like a nice bag really badly thought out, but on the plus side - it's cavernous and will carry a lot (maybe 4-5L or so?), it doesn't rely on straps to mount to the saddle so is probably pretty secure when you're riding with it, and it looks like it's made of a thick waterproof material. Please take it away for the cost of a second class parcel.

IMG_20210913_173225.jpg
IMG_20210913_173314.jpg

IMG_20210913_173306.jpg

Last edited:
You make it sound really sh1te, but it might be just what I could use, so for the cost of a 2nd class parcel I'll chance it! Pm me your PayPal and I'll send funds, thanks!

Back