For Sale Rocky mountain tilted seat clamps 30 and 31.8 id

Fatboy1974

Rocky Mountain Fan
Alpinestars Fan
Hi. After breaking my RM Altitude 1995 seat clamp, and due to my engineering background, I started to think in producing an spare unit because I couldn't find a single unit.There is a Thread about the design period. I did FEA analysis, and this design and the use of 6061T6 aluminium instead of forged/casted one will increase a lot the strenght) , but I wanted to made identical to the original as many of you prefer so.
Because one or two were too expensive, and after seeing that could be an item demanded in retrobike world, I decided to take the risk and order a batch of 20 units of ID30.0 and after seing the people ask for 31.8, I also ordered 20 units of ID 31.8mm. I put in "risk" my money but It seemed interesting to me and anyway Retrobike hobby always cost money ( every week I buy something!).

I'm receiving them next week, but I prefer to start the AD now. I hope not to have customs problems ( al least not expensive ones). I'll assume.

So I can offer the clamps in the forum for:

25 € for the clamp + shipping from Barcelona (Catalonia). I'll try to use cheap shipping but I don't know If I can send it as a letter. Obviously, cost of shipping is the same for one or for 20 so If somebody thinks he can receive and then distribute ( UK, CAN, USA), please ask. I'm open to suggestions to help.

Available in Gold, Black, Red, and Silver, all anodised. I checked the RM bikes that used it and they cover 90% of bikes produced in 1993-1996 with tilted seat tube.
Included M6x20 Titanium Grade bolt as suggested by the forum.

Shiping insured and tracked:
UE: 15 €
UE other metods: ( We can do trough Wallapop in Spain/Portugal/Italy for 5-6 €, and France, Germany, Holand, and some other trough Vinted for similar amounts.
Canada/Usa: 25 €
Australia/NZ: 29 €

If anybody knows a cheaper way let me know.
Under your own risk, I can send by certified letter for 7,5 to 10 € depending on destination. But my option is tracked/insuded.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20231005_190840.jpg
    IMG_20231005_190840.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20231005_190907.jpg
    IMG_20231005_190907.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20231005_190933.jpg
    IMG_20231005_190933.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Good luck with them arriving safely and as expected! 🤞👍 Read the development thread with great interest being an industrial designer and regular SolidWorks user, not to mention RetroBike geek! Didn’t want to comment as there was already lots of advice & opinions being thrown about! 🤣

Bargain price for such custom parts, just be careful with cheap shipping, you don’t want them going missing after all your hard work! 👌👍😎

Really fantastic that you have taken the time to do this. Hopefully you can get the word out to all the RM owners. Maybe check Facebook for RM owners groups?

15 already sold. 25 remaining.
Black and red remaining 1 or 2 units per size!
Silver is not rocking.

Back